★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Cartoon Smart
  • Genre: Board
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 27.1 MB
  • Version: 1.8
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Score big and rise the ranks to become the Pinball Kingpin. The table has 4 ramps, multi ball, pins that surface and retract, a gun shaped flipper, accelerometer tilt, point multipliers, explosion animations, and plenty of targets to aim for. Traditional pinball fans should love the authentic play and realistic look.

This pinball table includes three unique designs:

1. Default Style: Neon red
2. "The Assassination Attempt" Style Table: Your enemies got too close and riddled the table with bullet holes, casings, and blood splatter.
3. The Zombie Kingpin Table: Neon green with zombie versions of the Kingpin and what were previously lovely ladies

The game includes 100 sounds recorded from real pinball tables and the physics are incredibly realistic and the gameplay is super fast for both iPad 1 and 2! We've also added 3 background audio tracks so you can feel like you're playing by a nearby pinball table, in a coin-op arcade, or being social in a pool hall.
07-19-2011, 08:54 AM
Bought this yesterday and while I like the art the response time and lag of the flippers ruin the experience.

07-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Bought this yesterday and while I like the art the response time and lag of the flippers ruin the experience.
Sad to hear, the table seems interesting, and the art is really nice. I guess the lag could be fixed in the future...

All times favorites : Infinity Blade 3, King of Dragon Pass, anything Simogo or Tin Man
GameCenter: Corroyeur
07-19-2011, 09:02 AM
I gave this a try earlier. Mixed impressions. Physics feel good overall. Weird flippers, go up much higher than normal, but also (intriguingly) light taps are possible resulting in them being only marginally raised. Biggest concern: on a number of occasions it felt like the ball went through a flipper. I could never be 100% sure it did but it felt like it. Overall feels like one of those strange games where something does not exactly feel right and yet I'm having fun playing. I actually wouldn't mind hearing what others think, particularly those with more experience than me with pinball.
07-19-2011, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Curious to read you think that. I actually thought it seemed intentional. As if the flippers were on a very loose spring. But it's quite possible it may have been that which felt "off" to me. I'm honestly not really sure. What did you think of the ability to hit the flippers "lightly?"

I guess, the weird thing is, it's either "broken" or there is more depth here than the average pinball game, and I'm not really sure which it is.
07-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Curious to read you think that. I actually thought it seemed intentional. As if the flippers were on a very loose spring. But it's quite possible it may have been that which felt "off" to me. I'm honestly not really sure. What did you think of the ability to hit the flippers "lightly?"

I guess, the weird thing is, it's either "broken" or there is more depth here than the average pinball game, and I'm not really sure which it is.
There is just something not right with the flippers, although I am sure it could be fixed in the future. I have played a ton of pinball games and the flippers just don't respond the way they should.
07-20-2011, 02:23 AM
Quote:
There is just something not right with the flippers, although I am sure it could be fixed in the future. I have played a ton of pinball games and the flippers just don't respond the way they should.
I took the plunge and I agree with both above statements : there is something very wrong with the flippers. First of all, they go way up, with a very strange angle, even more than those of gameprom's table, to the point it is ridiculous. Secondly, they have a very sluggish, unnatural way of moving. It is really hard to catch the ball during its course because the reaction of the flipper is really strange. I'm sure you get used to it, but I'd rather they work on fixing it. And finally, I find the ball very small. Maybe it's me, but it feels like it's not proportionnal to the table.

On the bright side, the table design is good, with every elements of the table related to the theme (the ball launcher is a cigar, etc...), with a great atmosphere. I haven't checked the rules yet, but it seems to be a relatively busy table that should please Medianotzu!

All times favorites : Infinity Blade 3, King of Dragon Pass, anything Simogo or Tin Man
07-20-2011, 05:04 AM
Quote:
I gave this a try earlier. Mixed impressions. Physics feel good overall. Weird flippers, go up much higher than normal, but also (intriguingly) light taps are possible resulting in them being only marginally raised. Biggest concern: on a number of occasions it felt like the ball went through a flipper. I could never be 100% sure it did but it felt like it. Overall feels like one of those strange games where something does not exactly feel right and yet I'm having fun playing. I actually wouldn't mind hearing what others think, particularly those with more experience than me with pinball.
I confirm. I SAW the ball go through a flipper once. It happened only once in a dozen game, but I'm sure I saw it.

07-20-2011, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevagrant View Post
I took the plunge and I agree with both above statements : there is something very wrong with the flippers. First of all, they go way up, with a very strange angle, even more than those of gameprom's table, to the point it is ridiculous. Secondly, they have a very sluggish, unnatural way of moving. It is really hard to catch the ball during its course because the reaction of the flipper is really strange. I'm sure you get used to it, but I'd rather they work on fixing it. And finally, I find the ball very small. Maybe it's me, but it feels like it's not proportionnal to the table.

On the bright side, the table design is good, with every elements of the table related to the theme (the ball launcher is a cigar, etc...), with a great atmosphere. I haven't checked the rules yet, but it seems to be a relatively busy table that should please Medianotzu!
See, the weird thing is, despite agreeing with just about all of the above, I still found myself going back to this pinball game more than any other within the first few hours of downloading it. Something about it is just...compelling. In spite of any negatives present.
07-20-2011, 06:08 AM
Quote:
See, the weird thing is, despite agreeing with just about all of the above, I still found myself going back to this pinball game more than any other within the first few hours of downloading it. Something about it is just...compelling. In spite of any negatives present.
I see what you mean, and I really hope the devs will fix the problems, because there is something genuinely compelling about the game.