★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Scylla Games
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 11.4 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: "Fun and polished, the surprise platform hit of the summer!" 91/100 - ArcadeLife

"This super cute game is fun for children and a surprising challenge for adults. Adorable fun!" 4/5 - 148Apps

A freak accident in the castle has resulted in an explosion that has blown the the royal stars all across Blobtopia.

When asked for his reaction to the accident, Mr. Filby is reported to have this to say, "I shall endeavour to return the stars, no matter what the cost. I pledge my life to the King and this most noble of quests."

The princess, lovely Matilda, offered this comment, "Oooh, he's such a hunk. How brave, how noble, how spherical!"

BlibBlob is the exciting new platform game from the makers of PinPon and AngelBounce.

Explore 15 huge levels, with gorgeous graphics and catchy music. Ride on fierce creatures, explore secret areas to uncover hidden hearts and find all the stars. Oh, and don't forget to munch down on the mysterious levitating fruit for bonus points.

Fully integrated with OpenFeint, this game provides many leaderboards and achievements. Challenge your friends and rise up in the ranks to become the world's premier starfinder. Seek those hearts and catch all the stars. You are Blobtopia's only hope.

Perfect for kids of all ages. Tailored to be accessible to children, while having deeper levels of challenge that will satisfy the most skilled of gamers.

A fantastic game, packed with fun and challenge. A real bargain. Get it now!!

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvqrmV6rfHs

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Official Webpage here

Work-in-progress videos here
07-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Is it my imagination or is there a sudden amount of games featuring a blob as it's main character . That said this does look pretty neat .

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!

07-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Looks decent. As always with a platformer it comes down to the controls for me. The youtube video seems to show it plays well, you can see the buttons on those screenshots as well

I'll be buying this later. Nice to have the odd surprise on a tuesday before the 'main event' tomorrow
07-19-2011, 10:14 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
looks good... gonna have to get it... =o)
07-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
looks good... gonna have to get it... =o)
Because your kids will love it right? Looks pretty good but I have just enough to get DTN Deadlock and silent ops on wensday.
07-19-2011, 11:39 AM
lol, no, this one will be for me... =oP

07-19-2011, 01:49 PM
This is a great explore/collect platformer with lovely looks and good controls. I've been playing it on a promo code (since Monday 18th) for a release day review and it's hard to fault, assuming you like explore/collect style platformers in the first place...!

As for the comment about recent games featuring blob type characters.... that isn't really a recent development. There have been spherical and blobby game characters ever since Pac-Man. Filby (this game) looks very similar to Kirby, particularly in the early videos before he started wearing a hat and monocle...
07-19-2011, 02:59 PM
Instabuy got enough left for this And releases.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
07-19-2011, 03:07 PM
yup, gettin this the second it hits the US appstore! Can't wait!! Got my last buck saved for it... =oD
07-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Hopefully it's polished up.

Currently learning iMaschine and Garage Band.