★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Dark Exile merges tower defense gameplay with unrelenting, offensive enemies. To survive you must employ a variety of specialized space stations and super powers to combat the hostiles-who will attack everything you build. Traditional strategies will not be enough to claim victory!

Sectors in the outer ring are under attack from hostiles of unknown origin. As Commander you have been deployed and told to hold the line. What foe awaits you and how will you protect humankind?

-- FEATURES --

- UNIVERSAL PURCHASE - Buy once and play on your iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad!

* A gripping 11 mission campaign spanning 4 hours that encompasses a full narrative following the Commanders role in humanities darkest hour.

* Survive as long as you can against infinite waves in endless mode to record your high scores.
Unique, offensive enemy intelligence that will avoid your defenses to stay alive, but attack anything within range.

* Wave, Time and Resource based mission objectives ensure your goals are always changing.
Space station development tree that allows basic space stations to be upgraded in 1 of 3 paths.

* XP system that levels up units in real-time!

* Three Super Powers that will disintegrate, detonate, or regenerate at a touch!

* Environmental hazards including dangerous nebulae and asteroid belts!

* Beautiful units and maps rendered in 3D.

* Four difficulty levels from easy to hard, and for the hard core gamer try insane difficulty!

* Tutorial level and help pages to assist newcomers to the genre.

* Five different enemies including those that cloak or unleash additional foes.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

07-19-2011, 02:30 PM
I would toftt, not near wi-fi atm.. I will when I get off work though.

07-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
I'd buy it right now, but I don't have the $$ (just bought Cavorite right before seeing this thread.... and saving my last buck for BlibBlob) =oP

looks great though!! =o)
07-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Trying on my ipod now. Will post in a bit.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
07-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
Trying on my ipod now. Will post in a bit.
Meh, the graphics aren't the best. But I do like how the enemy units will swarm your stations and try to find another route that is quicker. Has some interesting AI mechanics that actually make you think a little.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
07-19-2011, 09:02 PM
I've been playing this on iPad....I think it's awesome. The AI is great and I can see myself getting many hours of play here. Nice to have a high diffuculty option too and lots of maps. Graphics look good on iPad, lots more detail here than on my ipod.
07-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
Meh, the graphics aren't the best. But I do like how the enemy units will swarm your stations and try to find another route that is quicker. Has some interesting AI mechanics that actually make you think a little.
Is it Tower Defense or something else altogether?

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
07-30-2011, 07:50 AM
Any more impressions on this? Was just considering picking this up. Intrigued by the prospect of AI that does not simply go from A to B in a TD game.