★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: PopCap
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 22.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4.6 (5)
App description: Join the fight and save the galaxy!

Allied Star Police (A.S.P.) was conceived and designed by the incredibly talented and energetic nine-year-old game designer, Owain Weinert. Owain came to PopCap by way of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Alaska and Washington and worked with a crack 4th & Battery team to create an actual game out of his fertile imagination. Owain pushed the team to their limits to make sure that A.S.P. delivered on his game dreams and we certainly hope that you enjoy it.

-----

The evil Flamions are invading every planet in sight.

Command the Allied Star Police and blast your enemies to smithereens in this side-scrolling shooter of galactic proportions.

Choose a lane for your vehicles of destruction, then cheer as they obliterate enemy ranks. But dont celebrate yet as the battle rages, Flamion artillery grows bigger and more dangerous!

Send your vehicles quickly to take on their sinister swarms. Earn bigger, badder machines to fight back. Call in special bombs and missiles for extra-explosive mayhem.

Fight for honor. Fight for freedom. Fight now!

PopCap games are for everyone. 4th & Battery games? Maybe not. 4th & Battery is where we get to try out smaller, stranger, edgier game ideas. Expect fun and occasional weirdness. Welcome to the sandbox!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

TA Article: http://toucharcade.com/2011/04/29/up...d-star-police/
07-20-2011, 05:05 AM
EDIT: turns out it's a must download after all. Read below

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.

Last edited by crex; 07-20-2011 at 05:37 AM.

07-20-2011, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Meh. Doesn't grab my attention like their unicorn game did. Ugly icon too...
It's designed by a ill kid. No Jokes it is....

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App and Game reviewer and news writer. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy Game Center: Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
07-20-2011, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
It's designed by a ill kid. No Jokes it is....
Wait, is this that one game I read about a while ago where they helped that lil kid make the game he wanted? Oh shoot, definitely going to have to get it then. Definitely much respect to Popcap for doing this.

Quote:
07-20-2011, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Wait, is this that one game I read about a while ago where they helped that lil kid make the game he wanted? Oh shoot, definitely going to have to get it then. Definitely much respect to Popcap for doing this.
Yeh it's that game

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App and Game reviewer and news writer. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy Game Center: Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
07-20-2011, 05:21 AM
Quote:
EDIT: turns out it's a must download after all. Read below

Opinions can always change quickly if you just know the background.

Cool thing by PopCap, fulfilling the boys dream.
This is a must-download, just to give kudos to PopCap.

For the ill boy, let's make this game a major success, #1 top download in the free games charts.

Here's a video with the little dev, Owain Weinert:

Youtube link | Pop Up

And here's his website:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/owainsarmy

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 07-20-2011 at 05:57 AM.
07-20-2011, 05:30 AM
Why didnt they make it paid like a buck or so, and give the money to this kid's parents to help paying for the medical bills?
Maybe theres a "donate" button in the game! If so i will be def shelling out a couple of bucks.
Anyway kudos to popcap to help this little (wonder)boy making his dream come true!!

...........................GC: k1llyb1lly.......................
07-20-2011, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killy billy View Post
Why didnt they make it paid like a buck or so, and give the money to this kid's parents to help paying for the medical bills?
Maybe theres a "donate" button in the game! If so i will be def shelling out a couple of bucks.
Anyway kudos to popcap to help this little (wonder)boy making his dream come true!!
Good point but a difficult one. If they made this game 99c or so and said all the profits go towards this boy then they will probably get criticised for this move as people might feel guilty if they dont buy this.

Be good if there is a donate button though so people can send money, but i'm sure if you google this kid there might be a website perhaps witha donate button anyway ?

Good on Popcap to do this though, the kid must be thrilled hes got a game out there.
07-20-2011, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killy billy View Post
I was wondering that too after I found out the background. Surprised it's free. But yeah, if there's a donate button, I'm hitting it.

Quote:
07-20-2011, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Good point but a difficult one. If they made this game 99c or so and said all the profits go towards this boy then they will probably get criticised for this move as people might feel guilty if they dont buy this.

Be good if there is a donate button though so people can send money, but i'm sure if you google this kid there might be a website perhaps witha donate button anyway ?

Good on Popcap to do this though, the kid must be thrilled hes got a game out there.

I already posted Owains site (Owains Army) above.
You can donate there if you wish. But a donate button in the app would be cool, too.

As far as I know, they still need to raise treatment funds. Got around 50 grand or something but still need some more, up to 72 grand. His treatment goes until 2013.

But it's also cool that PopCap just don't released it, instead they are making some huge NZ release out of it. Again, kudos!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 07-20-2011 at 05:58 AM.