★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Miniclip.com
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 43.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: OVER 1 BILLION GAME PLAYS AT MINICLIP.COM. THE SMASH HIT GAME NOW ON iPHONE!

Pocket as many balls before time runs out in 8 ball billiards. A new rack of 14 balls is given when you are down to one. How far can you go?

Once you become a pool professional, compare your score online with the millions of Miniclip users that play 8 Ball Pool.

OTHER KEY FEATURES:
Amazing graphics
Game Center Leader Boards
Tutorial to learn how to play

Try also the free web version of 8 Ball Pool on our website:
http://www.miniclip.com/games/8-ball-quick-fire-pool-single

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

07-20-2011, 05:15 AM
I thought this had been out before

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!

07-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Was wondering why this hasn't been released yet

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
07-20-2011, 08:44 AM
Sweet, I've been waiting for a nice top-down pool game. There are a bunch already but they've always had annoying flaws in one area or another... I'd better go check this out on Miniclip.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
07-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Game Impressions

Simple but addictive gameplay. Physics are generally good. Could benefit from some extra modes, and really the whole package feels rather bare-boned, but at minimum price can't really complain too much.
07-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Sweet, I've been waiting for a nice top-down pool game. There are a bunch already but they've always had annoying flaws in one area or another... I'd better go check this out on Miniclip.
I love a good pool game! Tried almost all of them. My two favorites on the IOS here are Killer Pool and Virtual Pool Online!
07-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Simple but addictive gameplay. Physics are generally good. Could benefit from some extra modes, and really the whole package feels rather bare-boned, but at minimum price can't really complain too much.
Yeah I didn't notice at first, but this seems to just be a single mode against the clock? Not even a regular match vs AI? That's pretty annoying.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
07-20-2011, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Yeah I didn't notice at first, but this seems to just be a single mode against the clock? Not even a regular match vs AI? That's pretty annoying.
I'm still kind of interested after playing the online version but why even call it 8 ball as it has NOTHING to do with that, it is just playing solo straight pool potting the balls as quickly as you can and, preferably without scratching.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I'm still kind of interested after playing the online version but why even call it 8 ball as it has NOTHING to do with that, it is just playing solo straight pool potting the balls as quickly as you can and, preferably without scratching.
Presumably because they couldn't figure out how to fit "Solo Straight Pool Potting the Balls as Quickly as You Can and Preferably Without Scratching" under the icon.

I see no other reason.
07-20-2011, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I played the multiplayer version, it was really pretty good for a flash game. Simple but to the point, and with decent physics. It'd make an excellent iOS multiplayer game.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ