Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 07-23-2011, 10:20 PM
zman2100 zman2100 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudemanbrochill View Post
Another idea just popped into my head that would make this game absolutely incredible---

Okay, so you could make a gamcenter/multiplayer mode (2players). One player is in the skies commanding the AC130 weaponry as usual, and the other player is on the ground driving an armed land vehicle. Vehicles could progress/be upgraded, so you start out with a dune buggy, then upgrade to a humvee, then a stryker, then a tank, even a chopper would be cool. The added element of the player on the ground would force the AC130 gunner to be more careful while raining down bullets from the skies!

developers, any thoughts on this?
To call this ambitious would be an understatement.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 07-24-2011, 04:24 AM
Der-Kleine Der-Kleine is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: You'll get there eventually if you just go this way: -->
Posts: 5,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
I was just thinking about this last night... Hope it wouldn't disadvantage the player though.
Destructible levels sound cool, but loss of income is a big minus for me... and everyone with maxed 105mm's...


Second this! (along with many others...) Though the AI might cause "More harm than good"... If you know what I mean
Clouds wouldn't give the player a disadvantage. It's just like there's a tiny bit of mist going past the camera. you can still see through them.

Last edited by Der-Kleine; 07-24-2011 at 08:58 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 07-24-2011, 04:32 AM
gunxsword gunxsword is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
Clouds wouldn't give the player a disadvantage. It's just like there's a tiny bit of myst going past the camera. you can still see through them.
I'm concerned about the 'mist' camouflaging the CIVILIANS!!! (my hate for them grows by the minute...)
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 07-24-2011, 06:41 AM
L.Lawliet L.Lawliet is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Monster Hunter Island
Posts: 3,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
I'm concerned about the 'mist' camouflaging the CIVILIANS!!! (my hate for them grows by the minute...)

I HAVE AN IDEA!!!!
You can start calling me a genius.. How about a mode where it's just civies running around. If they make it to the bunker it's game over. Bombs away baby! Except I thought I was playing this game every time I got mad =p

jk jk jk i kid!
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 07-24-2011, 07:12 AM
mr_wexer mr_wexer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 227
Default

Lovin this app, well done devs
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 07-24-2011, 08:15 AM
Masmo Masmo is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In your pants
Posts: 1,628
Default

Wow, seems this game is getting a great reception, already in the top charts! One tiny suggestion: although unrealistic, it'd be great if we had a sniper cannon mounted to take care of those pesky zombies harassing the civies. Also, how about calling airstrikes/placing turrets to lay down some ordinance on the field?
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 07-24-2011, 10:34 AM
PraetorianX PraetorianX is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 584
Default

@Arash & Iman - So,will you guys go Universal? Or what?
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 07-24-2011, 02:21 PM
burn burn is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 747
Default

Congrats, guys ... just saw this game on the main iTunes page in the big header graphic with the rotating games.

I have no idea what that's called or how games appear in it but there's only 3 or 4 rotating games so it must be quite the honor to appear there. Not sure why the game isn't in the Hot or New and Noteworthy categories but it definitely deserves to be in there, too!
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 07-24-2011, 03:59 PM
K-Dog K-Dog is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 225
Default Excellent Game! Addictive!

Great game, one of my favourite of the year so far.

Want to throw in some requests / ideas of my own, on top of the great ideas so far in this forum (some which I've repeated below, sorry!) :

- New terrains.
- New zombie types.
- Achievements.
- Rethink of 3 strikes for civ kills.
- Like the idea of different ammo for the main 3 weapons (i.e. incendiary) and happy to keep the 3 main weapons - add further levels of upgrades.
- Napalm and other things to be called in as support (upgradeable of course!) for a set time, screen could freeze or slowdown for a second so you have to quickly lay down directions / area of effect.
- So airstrikes could be napalm, carpet bombs, drops of mines etc
- Support tanks could run over some zombies then deliver a few cannon shots at the end.
- Support apache chopper could shoot rockets.
- Support jumpjet to strafe an area with minigun.
- Support army unit to parachute in to plant mines/bombs and then defend the bunker.
- Energy bar for the bunker, upgradeable. Maybe some gates or perimeter further out in the map to defend first.

Just loving this game at the moment, any sort of update or add-on would be welcomed. Well done to the Devs.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 07-24-2011, 11:37 PM
violatizzle violatizzle is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dog View Post
Great game, one of my favourite of the year so far.

Want to throw in some requests / ideas of my own, on top of the great ideas so far in this forum (some which I've repeated below, sorry!) :

- New terrains.
- New zombie types.
- Achievements.
- Rethink of 3 strikes for civ kills.
- Like the idea of different ammo for the main 3 weapons (i.e. incendiary) and happy to keep the 3 main weapons - add further levels of upgrades.
- Napalm and other things to be called in as support (upgradeable of course!) for a set time, screen could freeze or slowdown for a second so you have to quickly lay down directions / area of effect.
- So airstrikes could be napalm, carpet bombs, drops of mines etc
- Support tanks could run over some zombies then deliver a few cannon shots at the end.
- Support apache chopper could shoot rockets.
- Support jumpjet to strafe an area with minigun.
- Support army unit to parachute in to plant mines/bombs and then defend the bunker.
- Energy bar for the bunker, upgradeable. Maybe some gates or perimeter further out in the map to defend first.

Just loving this game at the moment, any sort of update or add-on would be welcomed. Well done to the Devs.
Pretty much agree to all that.

I have about 400k coins and nothing else to upgrade! That needs to change..
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent