★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: MeYuMe
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 7.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: RoboChess is a strategy board game for space traders, rogues and scoundrels. Games are between two players and take only a few minutes to complete, play the computer or challenge your friends to play over Wifi or Bluetooth. Game rules are simple and quick to learn, but experienced players can develop advanced strategies. You select the number of games to play and the player with the highest number of points at the end wins.

FEATURES:

- Visual tutorial
- Three game rules
- Sound effect
- Ambience sound
- Comic style visuals and effects
- Wifi and Bluetooth connect to challenge your friends

Artfoundry's comments:
Ha, this looks like the game Chewbacca and R2D2 play in Star Wars.

07-20-2011, 06:00 AM
This game used to exist under a different name which totally escapes me now, but I know I bought this game a while back and it eventually disappeared from the app store, now it's back under a new name.

I for one won't be buying it a second time seeing as how this version appears little changed from the original outside of the name change.

Quorlan

07-20-2011, 08:06 AM
Hi, we are the developers of the game and yes you are right, it used to be known as holochess. However, we ran into trouble with Lucas Arts who demanded that we pull the app, which we did. It's had a rebrand and a name change and we've also introduced another game mode, where you race the other player.

If you bought holochess then don't buy this one. Unfortunately we cant evan mention the other game in the iTunes text without incurring some legal issues, which we dont want to do.

Cheers
Scott
07-20-2011, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quorlan View Post
This game used to exist under a different name which totally escapes me now, but I know I bought this game a while back and it eventually disappeared from the app store, now it's back under a new name.

I for one won't be buying it a second time seeing as how this version appears little changed from the original outside of the name change.
Is it any good

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!
07-20-2011, 08:42 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Nullroar
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyumedev View Post
Hi, we are the developers of the game and yes you are right, it used to be known as holochess. However, we ran into trouble with Lucas Arts who demanded that we pull the app, which we did. It's had a rebrand and a name change and we've also introduced another game mode, where you race the other player.

If you bought holochess then don't buy this one. Unfortunately we cant evan mention the other game in the iTunes text without incurring some legal issues, which we dont want to do.

Cheers
Scott
That's absolutely terrible, Scott. : (

On the bright side, at least you found a way to get in touch with Lucas Arts. I've been a Monkey Island fan for a looong time (can I say "decades" yet?) and my billions of letters (yes, this was a long time ago) to them in fan capacity have gone unanswered. Lost to the sands of time.

I've placed geocached DRM-free USB copies of my newest game in various locations throughout Europe and Southeastern US. Email me if you find 'em for the free "explorer" cape.
07-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullroar View Post
On the bright side, at least you found a way to get in touch with Lucas Arts.
it was a bit one sided!
07-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quorlan View Post

How was it? Knowing the game now, would you buy it again if you hadn't already owned it?

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams