★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ben's somewhat spiffy-looking but ultimately craptastic Rock-paper-scissors game(tm)

04-22-2009, 10:21 AM
#1
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 731
Ben's somewhat spiffy-looking but ultimately craptastic Rock-paper-scissors game(tm)

Yay! My epic first game is out and if you believe my (carefully constructed) research there is a huge demand for this title among the smart and beautiful.



Game Trailer
App Store Link

Last edited by NickFalk; 04-24-2009 at 06:44 AM.
04-22-2009, 10:22 AM
#2
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Yay! My epic first game is out and if you believe my (carefully constructed) research there is a huge demand for this title among the smart and beautiful.

Game Trailer
App Store Link
Good thing you posted here, as there is almost no where that this game's title appears in its entirety...

04-22-2009, 10:43 AM
#3
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Good thing you posted here, as there is almost no where that this game's title appears in its entirety...
Snappy, eh?
04-22-2009, 10:45 AM
#4
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Snappy, eh?
Just exactly the opposite...
04-22-2009, 11:02 AM
#5
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,215
if it doesn't have dynamite, i don't want it.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
04-22-2009, 02:17 PM
#6
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
if it doesn't have dynamite, i don't want it.
Ah, dynamite! Why didn't I think of that! Back to the drawing-board I guess.
04-22-2009, 02:20 PM
#7
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Ah, dynamite! Why didn't I think of that! Back to the drawing-board I guess.
haha

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
04-22-2009, 02:41 PM
#8
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: LA
Posts: 153
"You look so ugly you make blind people happy" that is classic, and the crying rock when he lost to paper, I wish there was more gameplay video,

AppleNApps
Twitter @mactds
Game Center: mactds
04-24-2009, 06:48 AM
#9
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactds View Post
"You look so ugly you make blind people happy" that is classic, and the crying rock when he lost to paper, I wish there was more gameplay video,
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I might have been a bit over zealous in my never-ending quest to make my videos shorter. I've done a fair bit of professional video-editing in my time and I always try to make my personal stuff as short as possible without loosing any necessary information.

I might have pushed a bit too hard this time though. I should probably have shortened the starting-text a bit more as well as the distorted/zoomed game view. This would have left a few more seconds for actually showing the gameplay.

It isn't too complicated though, and I think the following screenshots should give a clear overview:

Choose your tool:


Watch the result:


Receive insult when finished:

Last edited by NickFalk; 06-02-2009 at 10:32 AM.
04-24-2009, 09:10 AM
#10
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,652
What about snake !!!

 /l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?