★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Outer Court
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 15.7 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "Clever twist on match game genre ... Just when I thought iDevice game developers had run out of unique gaming ideas, along comes Nervous Fly ... it introduces a new game mechanic that adds suspense and the requirement to stay totally focused in order to execute timely moves." -Grist
"Something different for a change ... Grab it people, and tame the fly! :)" -Whatzup00

Nervous fly is nervous. Very nervous. Living in a glass slowly filling with colorful ice cubes thrown in from above, you can fly to the left and right -- but you can't control up and down movement. Your goal? Crush as much ice as possible by pushing together two cubes of a color. As you win new glasses, the score multiplier goes up, and perhaps one day... nervous fly can relax!

***** To master the Nervous Fly controls you will need some seconds, and then it's huge fun! The fly moves up and down itself, so you just need to tap the left or right side of the screen to fly left or right, and keep a cool hand (and head) to get the timing right to push the cubes sideways! For a how-to video, see http://youtube.com/watch?v=LbGMSVxH7lQ *****

* Nervous Fly is a Universal app that runs on your iPhone (including Retina display), iPod Touch and iPad!
* Collect all the glasses you can for long-term fun!
* A casual yet addictive game, ideal to be picked up anywhere you got a free hand and a minute or two of time.
* Play for free, or multiply your fun & support the game by upgrading to infinite glass storage.
* Explode the olives, it's the only way to get rid of them!

Please ask me at philipp.lenssen@gmail.com for support on any issue you might have, and if you're having fun with the game let others know by rating it and supporting Nervous Fly!

Philipp's comments:
Just released: Nervous Fly! I'd love to hear your feedback. It's a casual, free and also universal game. (You can buy an optional upgrade at a later level.)

iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nervous-fly/id449706857

"Nervous fly is nervous. Very nervous. Living in a glass slowly filling with colorful ice cubes thrown in from above, you can fly to the left and right -- but you can't control up and down movement. Your goal? Crush as much ice as possible by pushing together two cubes of a color. As you win new glasses, the score multiplier goes up, and perhaps one day... nervous fly can relax!

* Nervous Fly is a Universal app that runs on your iPhone (including Retina display), iPod Touch and iPad!
* Collect all the glasses you can for long-term fun!
* A casual yet addictive game, ideal to be picked up anywhere you got a free hand and a minute or two of time.
* Play for free, or multiply your fun & support the game by upgrading to infinite glass storage.
* Explode those olives!"
07-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

07-20-2011, 02:48 PM
hmm... you push together ice cubes of the same color...

You can't control the fly going up and down, so it can get pretty frustrating... but for a free game, it's worth checking out... =oP
07-20-2011, 02:49 PM
> You can't control the fly going up and down

Yep, you're right... this is the challenge of the game... thanks for giving it a try and please let me know how you enjoy it after playing it for a while, whether you are drawn back to long-term fun!

See you in Manyland, an infinite 2d sandbox mmo we all draw together!
07-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp View Post
> You can't control the fly going up and down

Yep, you're right... this is the challenge of the game... thanks for giving it a try and please let me know how you enjoy it after playing it for a while, whether you are drawn back to long-term fun!
yeah, I think it's actually hurting the game that you can not control the fly going up and down... it kinda sucks seeing a bunch of cubes that you could smash together but can't get to them because the fly's just hovering around the top of the screen...
07-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Heheh... well, I can tell you I also often find myself screaming "down, down, down!" or "up, up up!" during the game, but I have to admit I'm having fun while playing! But rest assured the fly will always visit the other edge of the screen every few seconds... you can actually get into strategically good positions for this to help it a bit... I don't want to spoil but try out different approaches

07-20-2011, 03:01 PM
yeah, I can see myself liking the game more as I play more... and once the glass gets more than 25% full, I'm sure I won't mind as much when the fly is towards the upper part of the screen...

Still... worth checking out... especially since it's free... =oD
07-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Nice twist on the match game genre

I'm enjoying this game a lot. Hope the developer keeps the up/down movement of the fly exactly as it is now programmed. This is what gives the game its charm, and introduces a unique element of suspense and timing.
My only recommendation is to incorporate Game Center leaderboards.
07-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Thanks Grist!

Oh, Game Center leaderboard is absolutely on the list, a very good point. I've used the Corona framework to develop this, and Corona does not yet support Game Center, but I'm eagerly awaiting them to support it... leaderboards is a great fit for this game. (They're doing a great job listening to developers so I think they might have it on their list already.)

PS: Grist, please, if you can spare some seconds, leave a review of the game in the App Store. It means a LOT!