★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: OMGPOP
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 15.1 MB
  • Version: 1.3.5
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: #1 KIDS GAME! #1 FAMILY GAME! TOP 10 FREE GAMES!

Raise puppies and protect the world with Puppy Power in this insanely cute game!

Raise over 50 adorable puppy breeds
Clean, pet and feed your puppies to keep them happy
Unite puppies with the children of Puppy World
Collect golden bones and gems to get cute puppies and decorations
Complete quests for special bonuses
Decorate and raise your nursery's CUTE rating
Share puppies with your Facebook friends
Unlock 12 Game Center achievements
New content and features every week!

PLEASE NOTE: Puppy World does not support iPhone 3G, iPod 2/3, or iPad 1. If you download it on one of those devices, it will crash. Sorry about this! We do support iPhone 4 & 3GS, iPod Touch 4, and iPad 2.

An Internet connection is required to run Puppy World the first time; after that, you can play without a network connection.

arta's comments:

This isn't really my thing, just helping out the developer on Neogaf who seemed to put a lot of work into it. It's a free game.

Ignore that stuff about giving it a good rating to help out, just give honest reviews for it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=2776
Quote:
Hey guys, I need some GAF help

We just released a new game on the Apple store today (US and Canada). Its called Puppy World and we could totally use some support. The game is free to play and its still pretty rough around the edges (runs well on the iPhone 4, anything below that ...), but if you could download it and give it a good rating, it would coem a long way for us to be able to really give it some good polish.

My wife did a good deal of the art for this, Im actually pretty proud! There is some really cute shit in that game

Thanks!
07-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
mmm... I"m all about cute shit! =oD
07-20-2011, 04:16 PM
lol It got my curiosity up and I downloaded it I did love Tamagotchi when I was younger and had a (missing ) collection that had some rare Tamagotchi, imported cookies, you name it. I still wonder where in the hell it went, it just all vanished, had it in a huge storage tote at my parents house and when I went back to get it, it was gone I still look for games to come close to the feeling that inspired, coupled with todays mechanics and possibilities such as online trading, visiting others houses and pets, more than one pet at a time, unique, detailed and colorful creatures that have personality and unique qualities (or rather, can grow into many, there should be possibilities based on care, etc.), etc. etc. And be able to get achievs, not to mention rare breeds... Think pocket frogs, but more centered on customization, fun (minigames to raise the pets levels could even be online ffs, so many ideas)... I mean come on, why hasn't someone done the work to make an awesome virtual pet game/simulator for ipod. Most I see/try just feel uninspired, ripoffs without the quality or many types of animals to grow into or just plain shallow (even compared to an lcd keychain from many years ago lol).

Long post I know, shows how much I like em ;p
07-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionnoirO View Post
lol It got my curiosity up and I downloaded it I did love Tamagotchi when I was younger and had a (missing ) collection that had some rare Tamagotchi, imported cookies, you name it. I still wonder where in the hell it went, it just all vanished, had it in a huge storage tote at my parents house and when I went back to get it, it was gone I still look for games to come close to the feeling that inspired, coupled with todays mechanics and possibilities such as online trading, visiting others houses and pets, more than one pet at a time, unique, detailed and colorful creatures that have personality and unique qualities (or rather, can grow into many, there should be possibilities based on care, etc.), etc. etc. And be able to get achievs, not to mention rare breeds... Think pocket frogs, but more centered on customization, fun (minigames to raise the pets levels could even be online ffs, so many ideas)... I mean come on, why hasn't someone done the work to make an awesome virtual pet game/simulator for ipod. Most I see/try just feel uninspired, ripoffs without the quality or many types of animals to grow into or just plain shallow (even compared to an lcd keychain from many years ago lol).

Long post I know, shows how much I like em ;p
well you make a good point, and it raises a decent question. I am kind of out of the loop, what is the leading tamagotchi-style experience on iOS? Is it just Pocket Frogs?
07-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Honestly I dont know myself... I have tried a few and they all fell short one way or another, there was a cat one I will have to look up the name that had promise, was cute, good graphics, minigames, etc. but again, it just felt kinda bleh. No growth cycles, no surprises, you customize your own cat, etc. Even the official Tamagotchi game on iOS is nothing like the LCD units were.... The DS versions were the same way, which is why I passed on them as well (sad as it made me). The last good game and improvement on the formula I played was Tamagotchi 1, 2, and 3 for the GameBoy orig., Tamagotchi 1 was released in the US, 2 and 3 were only in Japan (I imported them ) I still have the carts for those sitting on my shelf right now Just no gameboy to play them on lol, but, I have thought about just getting the gameboy emulator and seeing if it has all the functions needed to run the games (they required some special support, including realtime clock even when off and something else to function for 2 and 3 if I remember correctly, as at first the emulators wouldnt run them)... Might be the best thing I can get on iOS unless this or another game surprise me, which leaves the question open, anyone know of any better? I did a search for Tamagotchi and Virtual Pet not long ago and looked at them all and like I said, just nothing struck me, nothing had that flair that made the orig. such a bang, along with rarity, different versions having diff death sequences, growth cycles, minigames, etc. I mean I would even pay for IAP for something like that if they were done well... Such as, babysitter 1 week for .99 or something would be cool I wish I could program and I would just start up one myself... As BanDai prematurely killed the Tamagotchi craze for numerous reasons, not the least of which Japan always got all the cool stuff (Cell Phone tamas that link with the units, COLOR Tamagotchi handhelds! and more) which explains why they are still selling to this day there, not the same of course but still.

EDIT - I was wrong, I have played Tamagotchi (imported) for SNES, Saturn, and N64 (I think thats all of them), so they did try... And the one for the, N64 I believe was pretty interesting but I couldnt read the text so I gave up. It had a whole town to run around and do things, etc. as well as being in 3d I even had Tamagotchi PC (official) and while it was cool, it could have been so much more

Last edited by OrionnoirO; 07-20-2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Forgot...