★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Shlumpfette has been taken by the evil Ananasi who love nothing more than a nice tasty Shlumpf for lunch!

On your rescue mission for Shlumpfette make sure you eat your fruit for big bonuses as you hop, bounce and slide your way through 10 levels to save your plump, pink and above all tasty ladyshlumpf!

Watch out for the giant inky Ananasi as it chases you through the levels in your search for Shlumpfette!

Game features:

o 10 levels - more coming soon in the full version!

o Addictive gameplay

o Easy control system designed for the small screen

o Beat your highscore, pickup where you left off or start afresh each time!

o Crazy country banjo soundtrack!

Shlumpf is the first title released from RampantFever; Kristian Fosh (www.dreamfever.co.uk) and Danny Goodayle (www.rampantstudios.co.uk) - we're really excited to hear what you think, search for our page on Facebook and rate our game!

EARLY IPHONES might have a slight performance issue, apologies we are doing our best to make it as user friendly as possible!

IPAD USERS - we've been made aware that there's some graphical... issues.. to say the least! We're working on an update to take care of this, will let you know as soon as its done! Thanks for playing, hope you still get to enjoy it, though!?

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

lite: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shlumpf-lite/id448158905?mt=8
07-20-2011, 06:44 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
haha... just threw this into my wish-list on AppShopper... it looks like it could be a good game... but I"m not really sure... =oP

too many games on my 'need to get sooner rather than later' list to get this one ATM... but I will end up with it on my device sometime before the end of summer... =oP

07-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Tried the Lite, and wasn't terribly impressed.
The visuals look interesting, but don't seem to be originally formatted for the device, and have a bar along the top.
Controls are awkward, and your character gets hung up on edges.
Levels are extremely short, and the design (layout) is a little rough.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
07-20-2011, 06:50 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
yeah, I just tried the lite too... and it seems a little floaty as well as everything you stated strive...

I'm not sure how I feel about the Shift type controls (hold one arrow to move and tap the other to jump...) - I mean, at least it's not tilt to move... but... =o/

Oh well... I might end up still getting it... but with only 20 levels ... 20 very short levels... it'll be a tough sell...
07-26-2011, 04:56 AM
Thanks for playing our game!

Hey,

First off, thanks to ImNoSuperMan for posting up our game!

Like we say, this is our first title and we've got a lot to learn and we really appreciate your feedback!

You're right, the levels are short as much longer and the lower end handsets start to freak out. We're going to review the assets and see what we can do about longer levels but till then we're submitting an update with another 10 levels that hopefully wont be so rough

If you do have any more thoughts please let us know and we'll get you a code for the paid version to play for free no problem!

Thanks again,

LeFoosh
07-26-2011, 06:02 AM
Does have potential.

Just played the lite version. Did get used to the controls but would much prefer the option of left/right/jump buttons on screen.

'Sometimes' it seemed like i wasnt near the fruit yet it dissolved and disappeared like its registered that i got it.

Also wish there were a few lives, the second i die it then goes back to the menu screen. Yeah i can retry but you might as well have a few lives so if you die you just instantly restart the level.

Got a fair few levels in, one where i had to go to the left and there were this 'black' monsters/mouths on the ground. Trying to jump over those was a pain, even when they werent 'active' with their mouths i would die the second i touched them.

The look of the game is great, very nice graphics. Just a few changes here and there and it would be a very good platform game in my view.

Would like a PM lefoosh for the full version if thats okay ?
07-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Hello again!

hey PS, glad to hear it!

Yeah, we definitely have some collision detection issues to sort out!

I think if we delay the jump / button change it might make it easier but I know what you mean - maybe we're just trying to be too clever.

Can I ask what version you got - iPhone, iPad?

PM away for a free code. We'll be offering codes to our facebook members tomorrow too so feel free to like the page or tell your mates and they could get a free game too!

Thanks for playing and your feedback!

LF