★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Finally a first-class citizen!

11-27-2015, 01:39 AM
Finally a first-class citizen!

This morning my iPod 5g that has served me so well for years scared me by not powering on. I was able to get it up with the power+home reset, but I was worried that this didn't bode well for my poor device.

So today I picked up an iPad Air 2. I've only ever had iPod touches before, which are typically 1+ years behind other devices spec-wise. I'll be moving from puny ram, iOS 7, and a terrible processor to something that can actually handle all the latest games I read about on TA. (and iOS 9 instead of 9.1!)

Gotta say I'm kinda psyched.
11-27-2015, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoYao View Post
This morning my iPod 5g that has served me so well for years scared me by not powering on. I was able to get it up with the power+home reset, but I was worried that this didn't bode well for my poor device.

So today I picked up an iPad Air 2. I've only ever had iPod touches before, which are typically 1+ years behind other devices spec-wise. I'll be moving from puny ram, iOS 7, and a terrible processor to something that can actually handle all the latest games I read about on TA. (and iOS 9 instead of 9.1!)

Hope you have fun, I'm not making the jump until next year.
11-27-2015, 04:59 AM
I'm waiting to see where the iPad Pro goes, I want a good digital sketch pad but am a little hesitant of buying one without a proper operating system.
11-28-2015, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoYao View Post

Had an iPad Air 2 for nearly a year now. You won't regret it - enjoy.

3DS Favourites -
IOS favourites - Dead Space, Xcom, Shadowrun.
Multiplayer ID - Magnum0ik (use a zero)