Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #501  
Old 07-13-2012, 09:44 PM
ChrisL ChrisL is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfong View Post
Woot, just got Portal 2.
Finally something else to play if I get bored of Starcraft, hah.
Good choice
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old 07-13-2012, 10:42 PM
iJay iJay is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (1st Gen), OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 281
Default

I got myself a $20 Steam gift card... Any recommendations on how I should spend it? I'm on a Mac, so only games that support OS X...

The only game I am planning on getting so far is Civilization V when it goes on sale, and possibly an expansion pack for it.

I literally own zero games that are on Steam, so any suggestions are welcome.
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old 07-13-2012, 10:58 PM
ChrisL ChrisL is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJay View Post
I got myself a $20 Steam gift card... Any recommendations on how I should spend it? I'm on a Mac, so only games that support OS X...

The only game I am planning on getting so far is Civilization V when it goes on sale, and possibly an expansion pack for it.

I literally own zero games that are on Steam, so any suggestions are welcome.
Portal/Portal 2 for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old 07-13-2012, 11:01 PM
Fireball926 Fireball926 is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 2,484
Default

Picked up portal 2! Haven't had a chance to play since I have a friend over.

Also if anyone wants an offensive combat beta key(non steam fps) please PM me I have 3 codes. First come first serve
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old 07-13-2012, 11:02 PM
Red1's Avatar
Red1 Red1 is offline
Moderator
iPod Touch (1st Gen)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJay View Post
I got myself a $20 Steam gift card... Any recommendations on how I should spend it? I'm on a Mac, so only games that support OS X...

The only game I am planning on getting so far is Civilization V when it goes on sale, and possibly an expansion pack for it.

I literally own zero games that are on Steam, so any suggestions are welcome.
The steam sales will keep changing over the next few days, so keep watching for what's discounted. If you like first person shooters Left for Dead 2 is pretty cool on OSX and has online multiplayer. Witcher is good, but not stable on OSX and crashes get annoying. Frozen Synapse is awesome, if you like that type of game, although an IOS version is coming and you may prefer that.

Last edited by Red1; 07-13-2012 at 11:04 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old 07-14-2012, 02:04 AM
Echoseven Echoseven is offline
Moderator
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The red Skittle
Posts: 4,948
Default

Dang, that community poll was close. Too bad I wanted Metro 2033 to win...

Glad to have picked up Assassin's Creed Revelations, though.
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old 07-14-2012, 12:32 PM
bmdino bmdino is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,675
Default

Skyrim and Dead Island on sale today. I'll definitely pick up Skyrim, and I might pick up Dead Island if L4D2 doesn't win the vote.
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old 07-14-2012, 04:45 PM
Echoseven Echoseven is offline
Moderator
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The red Skittle
Posts: 4,948
Default

I was excited about Skyrim, but it's already been cheaper once before, and there's just something preventing me from immediately picking it up.

I have this feeling that it might just end up in the voting section, or a flash deal...
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old 07-14-2012, 04:54 PM
ChrisL ChrisL is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
I was excited about Skyrim, but it's already been cheaper once before, and there's just something preventing me from immediately picking it up.

I have this feeling that it might just end up in the voting section, or a flash deal...
Has it? I don't remember ever seeing it cheaper than $30; not on Steam at least. I have seen it $30 on another site though. Oh, and even if it does end up being a flash deal or community choice, it'll most likely be the same price. I don't see Valve screwing people over like that :P
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old 07-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Echoseven Echoseven is offline
Moderator
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The red Skittle
Posts: 4,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
Has it? I don't remember ever seeing it cheaper than $30; not on Steam at least. I have seen it $30 on another site though. Oh, and even if it does end up being a flash deal or community choice, it'll most likely be the same price. I don't see Valve screwing people over like that :P
They'll do whatever makes them money (and I'm pretty sure that even though it's a Steamworks game, it's the publishers who decide whether to have sales on their games).

My bad though, seems like I was looking at a different currency.
It's still a bit too expensive for me in my country though... $44 US here. >_<
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent