★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Alpha Swarm is here and it's up to you, our limbless alien traitor hero, to stop them!

Imagine if the best aspects of action platformers and artillery games managed to have a beautiful theoretical baby. That hybrid baby would then go on to make love to a strategy game, and the result would be the awesomeness that is Alpha Swarm.

The mechanics are unique, yet simple. After selecting the order you wish to use your abilities (ranging from jumping and jet packs to lasers and shotguns) you must eliminate all enemies from the level and navigate to the finish. The result is an adventure that will keep you guessing and deliver an experience unlike any other found on the app store.

Features
-----------------------------------
- Unlockable characters and weapons
- 60 missions
- 12+ types of abilities
- Game Center online leader boards
- 5 different enemies
- 3 star level performance rating system

NOTE: This is for 3rd gen and newer devices!

Eastbound's comments:
If it looks interesting to you, please give it a download you won't be disappointed! It is only for 3rd gen and newer devices.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Lite Version
Feel free to post questions, strategies, impressions, whatever! I'll be active in the thread.
07-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Figure I might as well take the leap... downloading this now, despite still not being sure what it's about and never having seen a gameplay video

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

07-20-2011, 11:03 PM

07-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Figure I might as well take the leap... downloading this now, despite still not being sure what it's about and never having seen a gameplay video
I hope you enjoy it! And thanks for the app info, I messed that up somehow!
07-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Looks great. Buying now.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
07-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhsterboi View Post
Looks great. Buying now.
Thanks!
07-21-2011, 03:54 PM
game looks pretty sweet imma grab it up..impressions soon...

bought....
07-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
meh... kinda tired of these types of games... =oP

Won't get it unless it really brings something new to the genre...
07-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
WOAH... I TAKE IT BACK!!! lol... sorry sorry sorry...

The screens looked like another physics shooter along the lines of Angry Birds... WAY WRONG!!!

Glad the trailer was posted in the thread... I WILL end up getting this one... lol... =o/
07-21-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
WOAH... I TAKE IT BACK!!! lol... sorry sorry sorry...

The screens looked like another physics shooter along the lines of Angry Birds... WAY WRONG!!!

Glad the trailer was posted in the thread... I WILL end up getting this one... lol... =o/
I'm glad you changed your mind! I wouldn't put this game in Angry Birds' genre, it's probably more of a platformer.

But I don't think I've ever seen a game like this on the App store, so even if you don't like it at least you've tried something new!