★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Royal Bounty is en epic story about a knight's adventures in a magical world full of mysteries and legends. You will lead your army through 4 huge continents, fighting fantastic battles, scavenging, puzzle-solving and much, much more.

The story has several different endings!

We have modified our engine to provide a seamless gaming experience, omitting some unnecessary things like having to end a turn.

Vovin's comments:
Is this a smaller version of Palmheroes 2?

07-21-2011, 05:36 AM
This is an iphone version of Royal Bounty.

Technically it is a 2$ map for Palm Heroes 2, only here it is $1, and with supercharged gameplay.
So it's the same map - only better and cheaper.

07-21-2011, 06:05 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim-ph View Post
This is an iphone version of Royal Bounty.

Technically it is a 2$ map for Palm Heroes 2, only here it is $1, and with supercharged gameplay.
So it's the same map - only better and cheaper.

Ah, I see. Not the full PH 2, but a stand-alone map/campaign. Thanks for telling me!
What's the approx. play time, btw.?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
07-21-2011, 08:34 AM
I love the graphics, it looks like heroes II a lot, even though the buildings and creatures are different, but how is the gameplay? Can we see a video?
07-21-2011, 09:28 AM
@Vovin:

if you don't know where to go and what to do, you'll need maybe 20 -30 game months to complete this
07-21-2011, 09:29 AM
@theidle86:

the gameplay is exactly what you expect from a heroes game. Except Royal Bounty has no castles (so it's close to King's Bounty, thus the name)
07-21-2011, 12:25 PM
So I was excited to see this because a full campaign I think is the one thing PH was missing. And a lot of the new interface elements in this new engine are very nice.

However, the beginning of the game leaves a LOT to be desired. You need to escape the guard chasing you, but you don't know where to go. Once I figured out you can't really pick up any of the slaves to join you (if you do, the guard will catch up with you - and this took my 3-4 tries, mind you, especially since the slaves call out to you to rescue them ), I realized I had to just try to find my way out. However, since you can't see very far, and the map is a maze with lots of dead ends, it's pure trial and error! Any time the guard catches you, which happens any time you run into a dead end, you have to reload from the save. Sorry, but that is not good game design, ESPECIALLY for the very beginning. I shouldn't have to reload the saved game over and over to make progress - very frustrating.

There's also no way of telling at what point your turn will end. Unlike in PH that shows how far you can travel in one turn, this version doesn't provide that info - you can draw out a path as far as you like.

I really hope these issues are changed because I really want to like the game.

[update] I got out of the initial jail area - once I figured out what I needed to do, it wasn't too hard. But seriously - that's a frustrating way to start a game. You don't want to turn off your players from the beginning.

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams

Last edited by Artfoundry; 07-21-2011 at 12:29 PM.
07-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Noted. I'll do something about this.
07-21-2011, 01:51 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
I think I gonna try this.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
07-21-2011, 01:52 PM
If they can release a map pack from Palm Heroes 2 that suggests they can make the core game work on the smaller screen too. Fingers crossed for an eventual release.