★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Underworlds Update Wish-List

04-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Underworlds Update Wish-List

Figured I'd start a thread so we can give the devs some feedback on what we would like to see in future updates. My wishlist:

1. Higher level cap.
2. Many more feats. Health regen and vitality regen are 2 that are needed. You don't really need more classes as long as there are enough feats to play many different ways. Warrior, thief, mage, etc.
3. A description of what each attribute on a weapon or armor is, and a way to compare what you're wearing vs. what you just picked up.
4. Many more quests. randomized for each game.

Please everyone add your suggestions.

My reviewer name is "Wawd Buhton".
04-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Yeah, some form of passive regeneration would really be nice. I'd love to be able to "make camp" or something at the caravan to restore health/vitality as well. Seems silly to go to your good ol' buddy McTavish and not being able to hunker down next to the fire for the night to regain health without burning potions.

04-22-2009, 12:55 PM
my requests

- Mini Map
- Randomly generated levels - possibly switch to 3d levels? possibly 3d character/enemy models ?
- Wifi Multiplayer (local) for up to 4 players
- Female Voice when choosing female portrait (just so weird to hear a male grunt, when using a female character)
- Change in Appearance of ingame character model (based on equiped armor, and weapons)
- When being attacked by group - enable action button to auto-attack all enemies.
- Projectile combat
- More Feats
- More Classes (glad that developer hinted at Magic user coming)
- of course, I can't wait for the next chapter
- Pinch/zoom feature and feature to rotate viewpoint
- option to select 3d character model, when equiping/unequiping armor/weapons in the inventory screen
- better controls if using virtual pad
- smaller life and vitality globes, or an option to to reduce them by increments of 25%, or even Transparency option.
- would be pretty cool, but totally a wish...possibly behind the back or first person view when using projectile weapons/magic? (with tap to aim/fire option..
- Regeneration of Life, and Vitality when resting

Last edited by Markomcm; 04-22-2009 at 01:01 PM.
04-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Two things I would love to see:

1. Background music! Make it really eerie in the crypts and kinda jolly in safe places.
2. Changing the appearance of your avatar when you get new gear. Even if it was only shield and sword that would be nice and not hard to do.

Some things that would be nice but would be in no way needed:

1. New feats such as heal/vitality regen.
2. Randomised dungeons. Maybe keep the pre-made dungeons but say have extra special dungeons which are random and you simply have to get as far as you can.
3. Bows and arrows!

I love the game as it is however, and it was definately worth $5 so anything more is awesome.
04-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Yeah, some form of passive regeneration would really be nice. I'd love to be able to "make camp" or something at the caravan to restore health/vitality as well. Seems silly to go to your good ol' buddy McTavish and not being able to hunker down next to the fire for the night to regain health without burning potions.
Great idea - I'd love to see some more 'outside the diablo mold' stuff like this.

I also like the idea of not having traditional classes and just having different specs you could do, feats to choose. Having different talent trees that would make your character unique or lean towards different classes without having to pick one specifically at the start.

Feat/skill trees could run the usual gamut (spellcaster, fighter, paladin, cleric) or get funky and do engineering where people could build better weapons by combining items or something like that.

Other ideas (a lot have already been said):
- More NPCs to interact/shop with (even if they're just milling around for the sake of exposition - it would add some much needed depth to the world)
- More portaits to choose from, or the ability to upload your own
- Reflect visible changes in armor and weapons on character
- Mini map!
- More weapon choices (projectiles, staves)
- a town or bigger safe area to explore

I also like the idea someone mentioned of a randomized dungeon a user could just grind in, levelling up on monsters that were based on the player's lvl and difficulty choice.

So much potential Great little game pixelmine!
04-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Good suggestions so far.

We are probablly going to push an update to Apple next week with some bug and gameplay tweaks and a selection of musical tracks. That will be version 1.01. For a major update, like a 1.1 we will take all these suggestions - POST MORE - into account.

We are also working on the 2nd chapter of the game right now. We have some pretty big plans for the series.

Bill
Pixel Mine
04-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem667 View Post
- More NPCs to interact/shop with (even if they're just milling around for the sake of exposition - it would add some much needed depth to the world)
maybe just add a few and they give simple quests such as kill 10 of this monster... for simple rewards

i love this game, it is keeping me entertained for hours!!

Beta Testing:
Waiting for: A true iphone MMO
Currently Playing: I have Iphone game app ADD its hard for me to stay hooked on 1
04-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Ummm how about a MUCH LONGER STORY MODE? I would personally love that
04-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Send a message via MSN to K7A7O7S Send a message via Yahoo to K7A7O7S
I would like to be able to transfer my character and his gear to the next difficulty, instead of making a new char. I think this helps you connect with your character more. This being said, it would be great to see better items only dropping in the harder difficulties (dont know if it is already this way, just a thought.)

Also, I would like to see more class possibilities/feats. A good ol' archer would be fun to play, as well as the rumored magician that is coming soon.

edit: I would like to see some more creative art for the skill use designs as well. For example when having slash equiped, it would be nice if it actually had a somewhat detailed design on the screen. The simple designs make it seem like a playing a beta version of Underworlds. Other than that the UI looks great.

Last edited by K7A7O7S; 04-22-2009 at 05:04 PM.
04-22-2009, 04:16 PM
a pumpgun