iPad

Default Army of Frogs HD - (by Big Daddy's Creations) - Universal App

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

iPhone Only Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=101384

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 07-22-2011 at 03:41 AM..
Old 07-21-2011, 01:35 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Not sure if I'll even play it, but it's an insta-buy simply because I love NS Hex and anything that will help the devs is good with me.

And I might even really enjoy it while I'm waiting for the next Neuroshima update.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:20 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

I bet all of my hair you will enjoy it It's not like NSHex except it's a really good game

Last edited by BigDaddysCreations; 07-21-2011 at 04:32 PM..
Old 07-21-2011, 09:32 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

This game looks really interesting , but it's going to go on my wish list because of all the games that came out this week.

I was also wondering why there is such a price difference between the iphone and ipad versions, over twice the price. That's also a sticking point for me... A dollar more, no problem, but over twice for an app that's not universal just seems too pricy.

Anyhow, good luck with the game and with sales. The video trailer is very intriguing!
Old 07-22-2011, 12:07 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

HD version IS universal.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:12 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Looks good, I especially like idea of the four player local mode, not sure I will buy it though.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:27 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Default My bad - finally saw that

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddysCreations View Post
HD version IS universal.
Going back in the threads, I did see it was universal. I was confused because there is an iPhone only version, so I assumed the HD was only for iPad. Now I see the price difference.

However, since there is an iPhone only version, I'd like to see an iPad only as well, since I play games on the iPad. I don't need the extra capability, and I'm still not thrilled that the HD game is 60 % more expensive.

Still, as I said before, it looks like a great game.

Good luck.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:18 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I think, the strategy with the iPad app being universal is ok, as I know only few iPad gamers which do not already own an iPod Touch or iPhone. Normally, considering boardgame apps, I go for the bigger screen. You have to decide for yourself, if f.e. you intend to play with other people, or if it's enough to have a casual AI duel now and then on the train. For me the small version is allright, as the real thing I tried out at a big boardgame fair seemed to drag a bit, when we played it, and I'm happy not to pay for an iPad version when I don't really need it. Whereas I'd wish Yianni's other much better game Hive had got the Big Daddy treatment, too, instead it being published by a small team which went bankrupt sometime ago.

Last edited by abstractgamefreak; 07-22-2011 at 09:29 AM..
Old 07-22-2011, 09:50 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Its a very fun way to play Army Of Frogs. It's quick to learn and quick to play. The game handles all the tricky rules (String & One island Rule) so its very fast pace (the board game is a lot slower) and its really nice to play with animated frogs. I love it! Big Daddy's Creations are amazingly talented.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:11 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by quebecotr View Post
However, since there is an iPhone only version, I'd like to see an iPad only as well, since I play games on the iPad. I don't need the extra capability, and I'm still not thrilled that the HD game is 60 % more expensive.
How about we have two separate iPad versions? You know, one for each gen. And maybe four or five versions for the iPhone. And then one version each for every combination of the above. Or maybe we could have special, collector's versions? (They could be identified by a plaque on the menu screen that says "Special Collector's Version.") How about a "Cat Person" version and a "Dog Person" version? We could have versions that reflect a person's political views! Or that celebrate their favourite football team, with backgrounds reflecting their team's colours!

Best of all, the developers could then price each version differently with arbitrary valuations, thus maximizing their chances of turning a buck on the app store!

Or, we could just, you know, stick to releasing one version per game with logic and common sense dictating whether it be for the iPhone, iPad, or universal. Hopefully, moving towards that misty yet surely attainable dream where every game is universal by default, unless separate versions are actually required for specific features or elements of gameplay; not simply a vain, transparent money grubbing gesture by unscrupulous developers.