★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Photics
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 84.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: BOT is a science-fiction adventure game. Play as TANK, a giant and sentient machine. TANK defends the remaining human population from the hostile AI.

Features:

146,800,640 pixels of exploration
Four-Way Auto-Rotation support. Play in Landscape or Portrait mode.
Two control types (One-Touch or Virtual Controller)
Game Center - Can you be the top Survivor?
Music and Sound Effect to help build the mood
360 of combat!

Instructions:

Type-1 Controls Tap TANK to use his giant sword. Tap directly behind TANK to use his gun. Hold the touch to aim. Tap elsewhere on the screen to move TANK in that direction. Hold the touch to move continuously.

Type-2 Controls Touch the Gold Bar to activate the virtual controller. Touch the Gold Bar again to reactivate the original control method.

Press TANK's health bar to access the Equipment Menu. Press the Game Center icon to activate Game Center features. Save your progress at the repair shop. Collect power-ups by defeating a boss enemy or using gold to buy/upgrade equipment: Machine Gun, Fire Gun, Rocket Launcher, Laser, Night Vision, Fiery Orb and Stealth. Pick the right combination of Weapon and Defensive Item to pass certain challenges or to simply suit your mood.

Rocket Launcher and Fiery Orb!
Laser and Night Vision!
Sword and Stealth!

What's your favorite combo? You can find out by playing BOT an app with an entertaining mix of adventure, exploration and combat.

Photics's comments:
BOT (for iPad) is now online!

It's already ranked 58 in Role-Playing... ahead of Braveheart HD. WOW!
(I reviewed Braveheart for iPhone. Overall, I enjoyed it!)

...and Apple didn't screw up the New Releases listing this time.

I was having more fun working on Project: Salvage, but it seems that's going to have to wait. Some work in marketing/promotion could go a long way!

BOT is a sci-fi adventure game, where you play as TANK — a giant (and sentient) machine. The play area is 146,800,640 pixels. It's a big game, that's priced to be a tremendous value. It's only 99 in the United States!

BOT can shoot and stab. There are also 12 different upgrades.

Here are some other features...
  • Landscape or portrait — play in either mode. Just rotate the iPad and the game automatically adjusts! Awesome! (Earth required, does not work well in outer-space.)
  • Two control modes — Virtual controller or one-touch controls, BOT lets you choose and you can switch while in combat. Just touch the gold bar.
  • Cool Audio — 16 music files and 39 sound effects to help create the mood!
  • Game Center — Can you be the top survivor?!

07-22-2011, 10:42 AM
That seems an odd way to explain how big it is... 146,800,640 pixels?
07-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by racingspider View Post
That seems an odd way to explain how big it is... 146,800,640 pixels?
Well... it's not as big of a number as the national debt.
http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I think I know of a better way to help you visualize it, but here's the math...
  • One iPad screen is 1024x768 pixels. That's 786432 pixels.
  • There are 35 areas in BOT. Each area is 2048x2048 pixels in a 5 x 7 grid.
  • That's 10240 pixels by 14336 pixels... or 146,800,640 pixels

So, if you wanted to show the whole playing area with multiple iPad screens, you would need 14 iPad rows vertically and 14 iPad rows horizontally.

The rows are figured out by division...
10240/768 = 13.3 (14 iPad rows.)
14336/1024 = 14 iPad rows.

14 x 14 = 196.

So, if my math is right, The BOT playing area is about the size of 196 iPad screens.

Michael Garofalo - App Developer and author of The Unofficial GameSalad Textbook.
07-22-2011, 12:34 PM
if you loop back around when u hit the edge, you will have an infinite play field!

then you can post that its the BIGGEST play field in the history of the universe!

haha

good luck with the game!

YATZY ADDICT - #1 Dice Game in the App Store! FREE
FARKLE ADDICT - PLAY FARKLE! for FREE!
Video Poker + Perfect Play Trainer - Learn to WIN while having FUN!
Keno 1/4/20 Multi Card - Bingo Classic - TVOut support - your own Bingo Hall!
07-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdog View Post
if you loop back around when u hit the edge, you will have an infinite play field!
Heh, I worked hard to make sure that TANK can't wander too far outside of the map. If he does manage to make it past the collision detection, it's just a black... empty world. But even if he manages to wanders 500 pixels outside of the playing area, he's destroyed. Heh, I think that's kinda depressing.

Also, here's an expansion of the math... An iPad is about $500, so I would have to spend $98,000 to built an iPad array large enough to show the whole game area at once.

Here's something else... BOT (for iPad) is slowly climbing the ladder. It's now ranked #30 in iPad Role-Playing.

Michael Garofalo - App Developer and author of The Unofficial GameSalad Textbook.
07-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Impressive design !