Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 07-24-2011, 02:01 AM
crex's Avatar
crex crex is offline
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Everywhere and Nowhere
Posts: 7,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curleh Mustache View Post
In the words of Vovin: You named it = your responsibility.
His words mean nothing.

He's also the one who said: "you are allowed 1 Fail every thousand posts"

Which has nothing to do with it, but he hates me for some odd reason so I'd just like to point out that post.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-24-2011, 02:07 AM
Teknikal Teknikal is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Belfast N Ireland
Posts: 1,969
Default

You know it just came to me what the best program actually is I can't believe it slipped my mind in my earlier post.

Top Gear
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-24-2011, 08:43 AM
walsh06 walsh06 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethinice View Post
Type in Project Free TV into google, and your favorite movie/tv series. I've been watching a bunch of seasons of friends on it, and I also watched the Hangover on it. Video quality is ok, depends which site hosts the video.
like I said my usual sites dont have it. They are sidereel, tv duck and project free tv. And none have links to megavideo or the other usual sites. Anyone got another useful site??
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-24-2011, 09:40 AM
madmud101 madmud101 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamcan View Post
I am! I was shocked to see Wayne Knight on Torchwood, how out of place is that? The gore level is not nearly as high as I was expecting but I believe that's mostly due to it's UK origins. I've watched the first season/series of Life on Mars and I plan to watch the rest of it at some point but it's not the type of show that's conducive to marathon viewings.

The season/series thing gets confusing, here in the US a series is the entire run of a show and not just a yearly run of episodes...
Now that the US has bought the rights for Torchwood, the gore level HAS gone way down. Seriously, watch previous series' and you'll see how much better the show was before the US piped in (no offence). Nonetheless, I am still enjoying the episodes anyway.

Life on Mars is excellent. However, Ashes to Ashes (a follow-up series) was not nearly as good.

Yeah well, for us a series is 4 - 10 episodes made in that year. Then next year there'll be another set of episodes (a series). I don't see how there could be any other way.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Spamcan Spamcan is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The distant future year 1999
Posts: 1,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmud101 View Post
Now that the US has bought the rights for Torchwood, the gore level HAS gone way down. Seriously, watch previous series' and you'll see how much better the show was before the US piped in (no offence). Nonetheless, I am still enjoying the episodes anyway.

Life on Mars is excellent. However, Ashes to Ashes (a follow-up series) was not nearly as good.

Yeah well, for us a series is 4 - 10 episodes made in that year. Then next year there'll be another set of episodes (a series). I don't see how there could be any other way.
I've seen all of Torchwood, the first two series were not that great. Children of Earth was a huge leap forward for the show. I've enjoyed all of it but it's Doctor Who origins held it back from it's true potential early on IMO. I'm a Doctor Who fan but rubber monsters is not the best way to reach an adult audience. Whatever happened to those things in the sewers anyway? If Starz had not picked it up CoE would have been the end of Torchwood and that would have been a shame. I believe the US and UK versions of Miricle Day ate slightly different as well, UK version has toned down gore while the US version has less references to the previous series. Seeing a guy blown up on a table, that was gory but quite tame compared to Walking Dead and other shows. In the US we refer to a block of episodes as a season probably because sports are recognized the same way. Like you'd have a season of baseball but Star Trek TNG in it's entirety would be a series and DS9 would be another series.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Duke Floss Duke Floss is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: English Roundabout
Posts: 891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
Yup. Gus is awesome.
"Well, Get back to work."

Easily among the best scenes of the series. Even if it made me want to throw up a little
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-24-2011, 02:54 PM
madmud101 madmud101 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,074
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamcan View Post
I've seen all of Torchwood, the first two series were not that great. Children of Earth was a huge leap forward for the show. I've enjoyed all of it but it's Doctor Who origins held it back from it's true potential early on IMO. I'm a Doctor Who fan but rubber monsters is not the best way to reach an adult audience. Whatever happened to those things in the sewers anyway? If Starz had not picked it up CoE would have been the end of Torchwood and that would have been a shame. I believe the US and UK versions of Miricle Day ate slightly different as well, UK version has toned down gore while the US version has less references to the previous series. Seeing a guy blown up on a table, that was gory but quite tame compared to Walking Dead and other shows. In the US we refer to a block of episodes as a season probably because sports are recognized the same way. Like you'd have a season of baseball but Star Trek TNG in it's entirety would be a series and DS9 would be another series.
Whatever you say.

I enjoyed all of the Torchwood episodes. In terms of comedic, mindless violence with an alien twist, it's good. I was never really one for the story.

You think the episodes are different? Yeah, well we saw the blown up guy on the table (with his moving eyes) and stuff, so if you can name any scene I haven't seen then I will believe you.

So are there normally only one series of a show? That can't be right surely because they're given time to continue the story. Don't they call it season 2 or whatever which is basically the same as a series here.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-24-2011, 03:26 PM
Spamcan Spamcan is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The distant future year 1999
Posts: 1,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmud101 View Post
Whatever you say.

I enjoyed all of the Torchwood episodes. In terms of comedic, mindless violence with an alien twist, it's good. I was never really one for the story.

You think the episodes are different? Yeah, well we saw the blown up guy on the table (with his moving eyes) and stuff, so if you can name any scene I haven't seen then I will believe you.

So are there normally only one series of a show? That can't be right surely because they're given time to continue the story. Don't they call it season 2 or whatever which is basically the same as a series here.
I can't confirm that the show is tweaked for each side of the pond because I've only been watching the US versions so far but that's what I read. I've enjoyed all of torchwood but like I said the earlier episodes just weren't very strong IMO. Series is only considered the entire run if a show over here. The term "series fanale" means the very last episode of a show ever in the US otherwise it would be a season fanale.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-25-2011, 12:07 AM
ibelongintheforums ibelongintheforums is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,719
Default

Spamcan, you are advocating piracy. You owning the DVDs makes no difference
Can't you guys rent it on Netflix, or see if Hulu, Instant Stream, Amazon or HBO Go has the shows? If anything, rent the pilot for a buck on iTunes
My favorites:
Arrested Development
Community
Battlestar Gallactica
Psych
Justified
The Wire
Mad Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamcan View Post
It's only a handful of episodes but if you don't want to buy the DVDs or pirate them it's an option. Between the excellent writing, incredible voice over work and art deco backdrop the show still holds it's own.
http://www.thewb.com/shows/batman-the-animated-series/
http://dcbeyond.kidswb.com/video

For the record I have all of Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Batman Beyond, Justice League and JLU on DVD. I'm certainly not advocating pirating it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethinice View Post
Type in Project Free TV into google, and your favorite movie/tv series. I've been watching a bunch of seasons of friends on it, and I also watched the Hangover on it. Video quality is ok, depends which site hosts the video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by walsh06 View Post
like I said my usual sites dont have it. They are sidereel, tv duck and project free tv. And none have links to megavideo or the other usual sites. Anyone got another useful site??
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-25-2011, 12:22 AM
Spamcan Spamcan is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The distant future year 1999
Posts: 1,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibelongintheforums View Post
Spamcan, you are advocating piracy. You owning the DVDs makes no difference
Mentioning it does not equal advocating it, ignoring the fact that people do it does not stop people from doing it. If I had said "if you can't find anything why don't you just pirate the episodes" then that would have been advocating it. What you're suggesting is that I'd be advocating murder by using the word murder. Piracy is an option people often turn to, I never said it was a good option but I'm certainly not going to ignore the fact that it exists.

"It's only a handful of episodes but if you don't want to buy the DVDs (good) or pirate them (bad) it's an option."

Why on earth would I want someone to pirate something I spent money procuring anyway? Those box sets aren't exactly cheap.

Last edited by Spamcan; 07-25-2011 at 12:42 AM..
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent