★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Zensen Games
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 16.1 MB
  • Version: 1.4.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: MISSION BRIEF: Four days ago NASA's Spirit rover discovered a growing army of tanks beneath the surface of Mars. The alien technology is far too advanced for even our latest weaponry to compete. Our only hope is to infiltrate the facility from within, using their technology against them. This is where you come in - your mission is to destroy the mTanks.

SUPPORTED DEVICES:
iPhone 3GS / 4
iPod touch 3rd / 4th generation
iPad

FEATURES:
36 Weapons
9 Primaries :: Needle Gun, Laser, Rocket Launcher, ...
9 Secondaries :: Sticky Bombs, Toxic Gas, Cluster Grenades, ...
9 Abilities :: Slow Time, Build Turrets, Cloning, ...
9 Impairers :: Tunnel Vision; Shield Drainer; Reload Delayer, ...

4 Modes
Easy :: Primaries only
Medium :: + Secondaries
Hard :: + Abilities
Easy :: + Impairers

67 Levels
60 Sectors
7 Armouries / Bosses

Multiplayer
Wi-Fi / Bluetooth
4 Game Styles
Co-Op Campaign
Co-Op QuickPlay
VS
Deathmatch

Localised Online High Scores
Reach the top 10 list for your:
Suburb
State
Country
Global
Separate list for every mode of every level

Training Levels
Active, on-demand training
Basic movement/shooting
Each weapon

Simple Powerful Controls
Tilt to move
One-touch calibration in pause menu
Multi-touch to use equipment, eg.
Touch to aim; release to shoot
Flick to launch grenade
Two-finger touch to use ability
Three-finger touch to release impairer
No switching weapons during play required

Misc
Unlock levels; replay any time
Earn your weapons; equip on any level
Shields / damage system
Auto-saving of progress

If you encounter an issue with mTanks, send us an email at zensengames@gmail.com. Reporting an issue as an iTunes review doesn't work so well because we can't reply to you to ask for the detail required to fix it.
07-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Looks great! Thanks for the gift. Will try to post impressions later.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80

07-23-2011, 08:27 AM
Wow I'll have to get this later today!! Looks awesome!
07-23-2011, 08:38 AM
Love the presentation. Graphics, sound, everything top-notch and beautifully designed. But be aware: controls are tilt only. But besides that, it's a pretty fun game. Just played some offline stage, will try online later, hope it gets crowded soon.

Edit: Sorry, it's just local multiplayer, my fault. A bit pity, this could be huge online.

Edit, no.2: Btw, I got a black background screen, so your icon looks REALLY cool!

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..

Last edited by your personal robot; 07-23-2011 at 08:41 AM.
07-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
Edit: Sorry, it's just local multiplayer, my fault. A bit pity, this could be huge online.
Online multiplayer is planned - will start on it in a month or two; maybe out by Christmas (as an update of course ). Btw, what were you thinking for it - 2-4 players on non-scrolling screen or something grander?

Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
Edit, no.2: Btw, I got a black background screen, so your icon looks REALLY cool!
Ha, yeah, that's the way it was supposed to look on everyone's - wasn't particularly excited to see background pics when iOS 3 came out .

Last edited by Zensen Games; 07-23-2011 at 09:02 AM.
07-23-2011, 09:55 AM
In a market of stupid ideas, crappy gimmicks, poor production values and lots of bugs, seeing a game with only one 'negative' comment about it being 'just a time waster' was refreshing. I play on my iPhone when I have five minutes to spare or on short journeys or whatever, I don't want a Bioware RPG on there. Although the main reason I downloaded this was because it was free (although I suppose that's the point?).

I must say, the tilt only controls, coupled with the tap to shoot make it kinda fiddly to control. I'm not sure how well this'd work, if you were say, on the bus. Or out walking the dog but the game itself minus the control issues is still a lot of fun and well presented. I think I'd enjoy it more if it had a DPad though (if that wasn't obvious already).
07-23-2011, 10:16 AM
I have the lite+upgraded version, and it works fine on my iPad1. This version does not load for me . I've cleared memory and rebooted, and it shows the logo screen then closes.

The game is fun, I've played the lite a good bit.

Rixx

()() Favorites: Sword of Fargoal, Rogue Touch
( '.') Slay, Titan VG Edition, Hero Academy [ID:Rixx]
(('')('') GameCenter: TK656
07-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixx View Post
I have the lite+upgraded version, and it works fine on my iPad1. This version does not load for me . I've cleared memory and rebooted, and it shows the logo screen then closes.

The game is fun, I've played the lite a good bit.

Rixx
Ooh, thanks for letting us know. Will see what's different to the lite and get an update out (eta 10 days).