★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Flybird game now in Kids New and Noteworthy , will that boost sales?

07-24-2011, 12:57 AM
Flybird game now in Kids New and Noteworthy , will that boost sales?

Our game Flybird has just reached New and Noteworthy in Kids game section. In your exp does this help get a huge sales boost or a small one? If people use Mac more I figure it would , but do they buy on Mac more or actual iphone / ipod . Will this help me land a front page in future or not really?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Flybird New and Noteworthy.png
Views:	13
Size:	412.7 KB
ID:	35684  
07-24-2011, 01:04 AM
no it will not.. see post in your other thread.. would not know what apples purpose was when they introduced sub category features, since they are absolutly pointless

07-24-2011, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Ugly View Post
no it will not.. see post in your other thread.. would not know what apples purpose was when they introduced sub category features, since they are absolutly pointless
Aww come on - it might give him one more sale.

Looking for a writer? PM me

Game Designer of:
Family Feud Matches Gaming with a side of Matchmaking!
Family Feud 2 My First Huge Apple Feature!
Pickpawcket
And more!
07-24-2011, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Classic Mr.Ugly thats why he is so loved here at toucharcade. Lets everyone give him a hug .
07-24-2011, 03:47 AM
? .. sub categorie promotion never did anything for anyone i know including me.. you can't compare that to a "real" feature because its only visible in itunes if you dwelve into the subcategories..

you asked i answered.. and i surely don't need a hug krehol .. cheers

edit: lol just saw that even the creators of angry birds are playing your game! wow roy.. way togo.. and they even registered on youtube to just comment on your game.. wow.. impressive..

Last edited by mr.Ugly; 07-24-2011 at 04:34 AM.
07-24-2011, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Maybe it's just to make the hordes of developers feel good

You see, they really do care about us.

Play Yam Yam!
Download some great music for your game projects.
Official Site | Facebook | Twitter
07-24-2011, 08:41 AM
We were featured in new and noteworthy in the Games category, in 5 countries including US, we had a boost of 30 downloads/day, so yeah, as Mr.Ugly said , they are kind of pointless, we were also featured in subcategories, but that didn't do anything at all!First page or no page

My Twitter:@Tudor
07-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Quote:
edit: lol just saw that even the creators of angry birds are playing your game! wow roy.. way togo.. and they even registered on youtube to just comment on your game.. wow.. impressive..
Wow, that sure is impressive. Definitely gonna download the game now!!
07-24-2011, 09:55 AM
Wow you been studing my game ranks and comments pretty deeply. I love all the attention . Mr.Ugly can you pleas tell me what game of yours made it to new and noteworthy? Oh you cant , sorry none of your games made it there. Thanks for the comments though , they are so positive!!
07-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Having my own games featured in new and note worthy sub categories a few times now in different countries....

YES IT DOES BOOST SALES.

I think it lasts about 2 weeks if I remember correctly.
Not just 1 week.