★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Who will prevail? Cats, Mice, or Dogs? Choose your animal and fight against the computer, a friend, or even against an opponent online!
Furious Tactics is the first tactical strategy game designed for the iPhone user, with strategy that can fill a five minute wait, but is deep and engaging at the same time!

Features:
-over a dozen multiplayer maps!
-3 races: cats, dogs, and mice, in 4 different colours!
-Single device + online multiplayer
-Fast-paced tactical combat!

Featuring streamlined combat, a base that moves around the map, and strategic units, Furious Tactics is the strategy game iPhone users have been waiting for!

backtothis's comments:
Awww, yeah. About time we see this one make its way into the AppStore. We're definitely missing quality SRPGs on the iOS, so this will hold the fort until FFT makes its way here. The game's centered around multiplayer, so it'll hit quite a few spots that even FFT won't. The price is pretty darn generous as well. Congrats on the release BigStack Studios!

07-24-2011, 02:06 AM
Graphics look polished but what rpg elements make it an rpg? I see in the description tactical strategy, but nothing rpg related. Can you upgrade your characters weapons, armor, class(es)? Or is it more like Advanced Wars? I'd like to hear/see impressions to see how much depth the game has. Looks good from the screenshots.

EDIT: Is the multiplayer asynchronous?

*crosses fingers for a universal update*

Game Center: Diligence

Last edited by GodSon; 07-24-2011 at 02:51 AM.

07-24-2011, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
Graphics look polished but what rpg elements make it an rpg? I see in the description tactical strategy, but nothing rpg related. Can you upgrade your characters weapons, armor, class(es)? Or is it more like Advanced Wars? I'd like to hear/see impressions to see how much depth the game has. Looks good from the screenshots.
Yeah, my bad, I messaged INSM right after I made the thread asking him to change SPRG to TBS. From, what I've played, it's more like AW. But then again, this game is all about the multiplayer. In the game, you have to mine resources to purchase units. This is done by moving your base next to a pile and choosing the gather option. These units have a counter-triangle like many strategy games. There's 6 units per faction plus the starting base. Units are also used to take controls of buildings. The ultimate goal of the game is destroy the other player's base, which will fall after three hits. But the thing is, the base can move very far in comparison to most units. Battles are instantaneous and take place during a short clash scene. There's a good amount of depth here strategy-wise mixed with the mindset of letting players have quick, intense matches. From what I've played, it's completely awesome. Skirmish against the AI, single-device multiplayer, and online multiplayer with up to 4 players over GameCenter is supported. Just keep in mind this is not a RPG and that there is no campaign, and everything should be fine.

The game hits its mark perfectly for what its aimed to do. Like I said, FFT should be coming in about four days. If you're looking for a deep, story-driven campaign, definitely get it when it comes out. I know I will be getting it for sure, but this game might be even better for me. Multiplayer is pretty much the first thing I look for in a game. My mindset was always that even a mediocre game with multiplayer is better than a great game without multiplayer, as long as multiplayer would make sense for the game that is. So yeah, I know I'll be having a good time with this one. My bad once again for putting the SRPG in the title though.

Twitter: @back2this

Last edited by backtothis; 07-24-2011 at 02:29 AM.
07-24-2011, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Yeah, my bad, I messaged INSM right after I made the thread asking him to change SPRG to TBS. From, what I've played, it's more like AW. But then again, this game is all about the multiplayer. In the game, you have to mine resources to purchase units. This is done by moving your base next to a pile and choosing the gather option. These units have a counter-triangle like many strategy games. There's 6 units per faction pluse the starting base. Units are also used to take controls of buildings. The ultimate goal of the game is destroy the other player's base, which will fall after three hits. But the thing is, the base can move very far in comparison to most units. Battles are instantaneous and take place during a short clash scene. There's a good amount of depth here strategy-wise mixed with the mindset of letting players have quick, intense matches. From what I've played, it's completely awesome. Skirmish against the AI, single-device multiplayer, and online multiplayer with up to 4 players over GameCenter is supported.
Sounds dope! How many units per class are there? Pretty diverse? How are the battle animations? Sorry for the many questions, but I recently got rid of my iTouch 4 and iPhone 4(went Droid) because they started to collect dust since ive had my iPad 2, so it's either HD or Universal from here on in with the exception of it being a good game(and it scales up well at x2). I wish there was a gameplay video...

Game Center: Diligence
07-24-2011, 02:32 AM
Is team play present? What about hot-seat? Bluetooth? Bluetooth hot-seat?

And does the fractions have 'unique' units, not just in aesthetics but also stats/functions?
07-24-2011, 08:16 AM
Instant download... will report impressions.
07-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Was gonna get it but the fact that it's actually more TBS than SRPG is off putting. I don't care for multiplayer either. Might just hold off until FFT comes out.

'A delayed game is bad for now, but a bad game is bad forever' - Shigeru Miyamoto
07-24-2011, 09:07 AM
woot! downloading now! i remember following this for about a whole year! congrats on finally releasing!
07-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Instabuy....im a STRPG/TBS whore.....anyone know if you see the battles graphically when the individual units fight?

TESTING!-Most APPSASIA apps ...if your a dev hit me up and ill help.
*Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
MY PAST BETA LIST..
07-24-2011, 12:10 PM
You control a rolling headquarters that drives around and either collects minerals or releases units. The game ends when either your rolling headquarters or the opponents is defeated (after three hits). Each of the three fractions seems to have the same units, differing only in character graphic but with seemingly identical attack. Aside from the headquarters, rather than operating off character health the battles appear to be won/lost based on a paper-rock-scissors style hierarchy. The two maps I player were small so frantic and fun. There's a lot of potential here but in single player the enemy AI is a little weak. For example, rather than attacking my vulnerable headquarters the enemy units lined up against a wall. I noticed there's an AI easy and AI medium setting but no AI hard. Still recommended and seems especially suited to multiplayer.