★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Aquaria Port to iOS

07-24-2011, 03:43 PM
Aquaria Port to iOS

This is at a fairly early stage of development but I want to let the community know that I am working to port Aquaria to iOS.

A brief development demonstration video is included below.

Youtube link | Pop Up

You can view and download the source code here. (Note that you must purchase desktop Aquaria for the required resource files.)

More details to come.

Project Website
07-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Didn't know Aquaria was open source. I can't wait! Amazing game.

07-24-2011, 05:16 PM
I have been focusing on the controls since creating that first video. Here is a video demonstration of the current control scheme.

Youtube link | Pop Up

I wanted to avoid using any kind of virtual joystick style controls and feel that the control scheme demonstrated in the video works pretty well. Without having a build to play around with it can be difficult to judge, but I would appreciate any feedback on the current control scheme.
07-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Now that is a stunningly good idea. Aquaria is a fine, fine game. I'd love to see it appear on iPad.
07-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Finally we get some moving into this since Aquaria is one of the "must have" Titles.

About the current Build:

The Moving and the Shooting System looks fine but might need some balancing in the later Gamelevels since some of the Bosses in the Game would be very hard the current Way.

I am really looking forward how that Project will go on.

Just a Quick HD Gameplay Trailers of the PC Version so you Guys might get a Feeling what epic Game we are here talking about...

Besides that i love the Soundtrack, specially the Track Light has become a daily companion in my Life and i will always thank Alec for it.

You can listen to the hole Soundtrack here.
07-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Damn, that's awesome! I've just been thinking about the game again since fresh installing Lion, and games again as such. A lot of fun, and the reasons to get an iPad are mounting - Small World, Marathon, Ticket to Ride, and now this all iPad only. A shame those would be my only four reasons.
07-24-2011, 11:45 PM
awesome.
I have the mac version
07-25-2011, 04:40 AM
this looks awesome... hopefully the controls will work fine.
07-25-2011, 10:07 AM
I was just thinking how awesome Aquaria on my iPad would be, and then I see this thread! Can't wait!
07-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Quote:
I wanted to avoid using any kind of virtual joystick style controls and feel that the control scheme demonstrated in the video works pretty well. Without having a build to play around with it can be difficult to judge, but I would appreciate any feedback on the current control scheme.
I dont really prefer such control scheme but others may like it better. But it'd be for the best if you could simply add the virtual joystick as an option too.