★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls

07-25-2011, 04:11 AM
#1
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,737
Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/25...o-iphone-ipad/

Quote:
Acquire is making a portable version of Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls. You’ll be able to dive into dungeons this week when the game is available in Apple’s iTunes store.

Oh, and the iOS version is free.

This is a port of the PlayStation 3 title, which Xseed localized for North America. As of now, this announcement is only for Japan. Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls is compatible with iPhone 4, iPad, and 4th generation iPod Touch devices.
I would pay well for a port of the English version. I really liked this genre when I was young, but everything I've found on the App Store was pretty low quality. W:LoLS would easily be 100x better than anything else available.

Official website: http://www.acquire.co.jp/smartphone/wizardry/

Last edited by Dazarath; 07-25-2011 at 04:13 AM.
07-25-2011, 04:22 AM
#2
I will be so psyched if they offer it in North America. I've read that it was already translated for an English version that was published on the PS3, so I'm not sure what the hangup is.

07-25-2011, 04:29 AM
#3
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadYeti View Post
I will be so psyched if they offer it in North America. I've read that it was already translated for an English version that was published on the PS3, so I'm not sure what the hangup is.
Yup. http://www.wizardryps3.com/

If they're already porting the Japanese version, seems like it shouldn't be too much trouble to port the English version later if they so wish.
07-25-2011, 04:33 AM
#4
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 2,032
It says iOS version will be FREE

Extensive Knowledge of CBT. Just send me a PM!
08-21-2011, 04:06 PM
#5
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 833
Has anyone heard any news on this lately? I'm super stoked for its release, but it seems like the trail has gone cold. Hopefully an iOS port is still in the cards.
08-21-2011, 05:41 PM
#6
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by macatron View Post
Has anyone heard any news on this lately? I'm super stoked for its release, but it seems like the trail has gone cold. Hopefully an iOS port is still in the cards.
AFAIK, the port for the Japanese version has already been made, but I haven't heard of any plans to port the English version. Seems strange though, as they now have the iOS port for the game, and the English translation already exists from the PS3 version.
08-21-2011, 06:03 PM
#7
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
AFAIK, the port for the Japanese version has already been made, but I haven't heard of any plans to port the English version. Seems strange though, as they now have the iOS port for the game, and the English translation already exists from the PS3 version.
That is interesting indeed! If all of the pieces are more or less done, I wonder why there's a hold up? I mean I know that something was said about this game being released as a free title, but I would DEFINITELY pay good money for this game! Here's hoping for a speedy localization. :-)
08-21-2011, 06:40 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by macatron View Post
That is interesting indeed! If all of the pieces are more or less done, I wonder why there's a hold up? I mean I know that something was said about this game being released as a free title, but I would DEFINITELY pay good money for this game! Here's hoping for a speedy localization. :-)
I've similarly heard that it was released to the Japanese App Store about a month ago.

On the topic of it being free, my understanding is that it downloads as a free title, with access to the first level (or so) of the dungeon. Players then need to make an in-app purchase to unlock the majority of the game.
08-21-2011, 07:55 PM
#9
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadYeti View Post
I've similarly heard that it was released to the Japanese App Store about a month ago.

On the topic of it being free, my understanding is that it downloads as a free title, with access to the first level (or so) of the dungeon. Players then need to make an in-app purchase to unlock the majority of the game.
Well, either way, I'm down for the "Freemium" pricing structure if that's what they want to do. I grew up on the Wizardry series, so this game has gotten me REALLY excited. Truthfully, I just want it to come out in the US period! :-D
10-27-2011, 09:34 PM
#10
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,737
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/27...one-next-week/

Quote:
Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls, released on the PlayStation Network by Acquire (Xseed in the U.S.), is headed to the iPhone and iPod Touch. The iOS version of the dungeon-crawler will be released on November 3rd.

Youtube link | Pop Up