★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Assassin's Creed iPhone (retina display support) $0.99 sale

04-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Administrator [Original Poster]
Assassin's Creed iPhone (retina display support) $0.99 sale

early video:
http://files.me.com/ehodapp/wamn0s.mov

Another video

Quote:
Jerusalem, 1191 AD. The Third Crusade between the Crusaders and Saracens is tearing the Holy Land apart.
You are Altaïr, a Master Assassin sent by the Order of the Assassins on a quest to find “The Chalice”, an object of such power that it can end the Crusades, depending on which camp owns it. Steal The Chalice from the Templars before someone offers them the right price for it.
The fate of the Holy Land depends on you...

Plunge into this direct prequel to the critically acclaimed game title, Assassin's Creed™, offering rich gameplay and a well-balanced mix of stealth, chaotic action, and riddle-solving exploration in the midst of fully 3D-rendered historical environments of the Crusade's Middle East.

- Master the assassin's skills to benefit from a wide range of acrobatic moves and perform impressive combo attacks, mixing sword skills and kicks.

- Choose your fighting tactics based on 6 weapons for both close combat and long-range attacks: Swords, daggers, grappling hook, and bombs.

- Skill-based mini-games put your patience & dexterity to the test: Perform pickpocket maneuvers to carefully steal precious items from the crowd and make informants speak.

- Unique dramatic tension on iPhone, intensified by 3D cinematic cutscenes and characters' voices.

- Collect orbs to upgrade health and weapons.

It seems to be a port of the Nintendo DS version which got bad reviews.

first impressions from sizzlakalonji:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...&postcount=194
Quote:
Ok, so let's see...only played for a bit but here's what I see:
1) Super fast, fluid movement
2) Beautiful backgrounds, textures, characters
3) Interesting storyline
4) Voice acting (admittedly not with "authentic" accents, but come on, has anyone seen "Robin Hood" with Kevin Costner?!?)
5) FUN gameplay. FUN gameplay. FUN gameplay

So, obviously I am not a "known name" on this (or any for that matter) forum. I do not own a DS. I do not care to own a DS. My 7-year-old has one. I don't give a rat's ass if this is a "port". It's fun. It's well worth 10 dollars. If you want to wait "in today's harsh economic climate" for a price drop, more power to you...but it's worth 10 dollars. I don't expect to play 360 or PS3 games on my phone, so i am never disappointed when they don't live up to those standards. I don't know the history, backstory, etc. etc. etc. of the Assassin's Creed franchise. I do know, however, when I think a game is fun. This game is fun. This game is impressive. This game looks and plays better than anything I have tried on my phone so far. I think that when one posts opinions, impressions, etc. on a game that HASN'T BEEN RELEASED whether it's a "port" or not, those opinions should be taken with a mountain of salt. It's fun.
from starjimstar
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...306#post202306
Quote:
Hey Candy, I have had a chance to try this out a bit. I like it. I don't understand all the negative reviews (at least not yet.) My only concerns are the opening video, which doesn't add much more than megabytes to the experience; and the fact that everybody in Jerusalem is speaking fluent English (but that's just because I am anal.) Otherwise, it is kinda Prince of Persia-ey, only 3Dish.

Last edited by salsamd; 06-24-2009 at 02:14 PM.
04-22-2009, 09:26 PM
thank god for a new thread

04-22-2009, 09:27 PM
I am not responsible for any cats meowing or girlfriends coughing in the video.
04-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
I am not responsible for any cats meowing or girlfriends coughing in the video.
LOL and good video.

ßeta Tester
**GameCenter**Super Sanch0
Thank you for a real review person whos name begins with an S.

16gb iPod Touch 2G Plus+ ID- ZZMitch
Last Bought- Pirate Bay, ARKANOID, GeoDefense Swarm, ORBITAL, Word Ace.
Waiting for-GTA:CW, Plants Vs. Zombies, Assassin's Creed II, Riddim Ribbon and Nova.
finally a video thx!
I guess this is because the last thread was waaaay off topic. So, I don't want to sift through all the posts there. How is it?

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
Nice to have a new thread with some real info and not so many BS comments to scroll through.
04-22-2009, 09:29 PM
If it's a brand new stand-alone game without AC on its name, how does it compare to Hero of Sparta? Which one is better? (graphics, framerate, game length, replayability, production value, etc).

Many people are interested to know how this game is compared to HoS and other iPhone games, not compared to the console version because we never played the original AC.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
04-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
I guess this is because the last thread was waaaay off topic. So, I don't want to sift through all the posts there. How is it?
It depends what you expect out of it. It's basically Hero of Sparta with more jumping.