Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-26-2011, 06:04 AM

Send a message via MSN to Ninievre
Default Fabled Lands II (gamebook/sandbox 2D RPG) is out!

Fabled Lands II Gold Edition has just been released today!

More screenshots here:
http://www.megara-entertainment.com
and then click on the "Fabled Lands II app" button

FABLED LANDS II GOLD EDITION presents a two-in-one compilation pack loaded with the FABLED LANDS huge 2D RPG base game, along with the newest FABLED LANDS II expansion pack/sequel. More than 30 hours of playtime for a discounted price, including dozens of new items, quests and monsters!

This compilation is recommended for customers who didn't buy the base FABLED LANDS app yet. For other customers wishing to import their old savegames and characters, please use the in-app purchase feature in your base game after updating FABLED LANDS to its latest version.

*** Gold Edition special gift (in-game item) ***

Every character you start with will receive a Silver Horseshoe, increasing the odds to find a magical chest in-game.

ABOUT THE FABLED LANDS II EXPANSION

In Cities of Gold and Glory you can sail the high seas to Golnir's distant ports.
As a warrior, plunder ancient treasures and face your fate in the hall of the death-god Nagil. As a spy, penetrate the labyrinth of lies and sinister secrets of the scheming merchants of Metriciens. As a sorcerer, barter in mysteries, spells and ancient lore with the immortal wizard Estragon.
Amass wealth, honours and power that will take you on voyages to uncharted lands.
This expansion is set in the prosperous kingdom of Golnir, a land made wealthy by its rich agriculture. There are many quests, including slaying a dragon for the Baroness Ravayne, searching for magical artefacts for the wizard Estragon, bringing to justice a murderer on behalf of his victim's ghost, finding the Key of Stars to gain access to a treasure-filled tomb in the Forest of the Forsaken, and making a map of the treacherous northern mountains. The quests in this expansion have a more whimsical fairy-tale nature to them than those in the base game.

--- A note on the newest expansion, from the original authors ---

"We are delighted to see the release of a new instalment in the FABLED LANDS iOS app series by Megara Entertainment. The first part brought our world to life in glorious colour and rich atmosphere, allowing a new generation to immerse themselves in the huge range of adventures that are available in the FABLED LANDS. Now players can continue those adventures in a whole new kingdom with its own folklore, characters, history, politics and places of danger and mystery".

--- Dave Morris & Jamie Thomson ---

ABOUT THE BASE FABLED LANDS GAME (included in this Gold Edition)

Based on the masterpiece gamebook series "Fabled Lands" by legendary authors Dave Morris (Golden Dragon, Dragon Warriors) and Jamie Thomson (Way of the Tiger).

Choose for yourself what role to play, where to go and what to do.

Your journeys will bring you foes and friends, danger and triumph, fortune and fame - and more adventures than you have ever dreamed of. Role-playing as you've never known it before - in the perilous world of the FABLED LANDS.

Reviews:

This looks a blast from the past!
The series is incredible, and probably will be the closest thing to a real pen and paper RPG experience that ever makes it to an iOS device
The app itself is brilliant. Graphics are glorious, and the quality is top notch. Obviously, the writing is amazing, and is probably the best 2D RPG available on iOS .
Great! This game is a must-have in my book. I played for about 3 hours straight, and I can't really put this game into solid words without giving things way, but let me put it this way... The game is open world. You can do whatever you want .
This game feels more immersive and fun than the others games in the genre .

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 07-29-2011 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: appinfo
Old 07-26-2011, 07:03 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

This is great! I'm a big fan of the series, but it's just not the same with only one book.

Having said that, I can't seem to buy this as IAP? I have the first app, and clicking yes on the notification in that asking me if I want to buy the second book just pops up a black screen with a done button and the title "List of purchases". I've tried leaving it for ages to load, closing and reopening the app, using it on wifi and without wifi, deleting and reinstalling the app from the store... nothing seems to work. System's an iPhone 4, 4.3.3 (I think), and jailbroken - iTunes store receipt available on request, of course.

Edit: Quick response, thanks! I'm glad it's not a problem at my end. Mistakes happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninievre View Post
Note from the devs : The Gold Edition works like a breeze.
Quote:
Another good reason to buy the Gold Edition
I think there's a hidden message in your post, or a suggestion of some sort. I can't quite make it out...

I'll wait, I have the new paperback editions anyway. I will be buying it once the FL1 app updates, though!

Last edited by fullerena; 07-26-2011 at 08:26 AM..
Old 07-26-2011, 08:19 AM

Base FL game : I have indeed realized that our lead coder, for the former FL app, forgot a "submit" button in the uploading process for the in-app feature, causing the list to be empty. You won't be charged there's just nothing you can buy at the moment.

Should I fire him ?

We'll do an update asap but unfortunately, Apple is telling us that we have to upload again the whole thing and again wait 10 days.........................

Otherwise you'll have to wait a bit longer, we are deeply sorry.

Human mistake.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:46 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:

Base FL game : I have indeed realized that our lead coder, for the former FL app, forgot a "submit" button in the uploading process for the in-app feature, causing the list to be empty. You won't be charged there's just nothing you can buy at the moment.

Should I fire him ?

We'll do an update asap but unfortunately, Apple is telling us that we have to upload again the whole thing and again wait 10 days.........................

Otherwise you'll have to wait a bit longer, we are deeply sorry.

Human mistake.

Fire him? Nooo... I guess, tarring and feathering him and chasing him a few times through your town should be enough punishment.

Another questions: if I buy in-app (have the first book), will it update to Gold Edition with the bonus content?
Old 07-26-2011, 08:56 AM

The only bonus content is the silver horseshoe (that you can find in random chests anyway whatever the edition)

Otherwise the 2 versions are the same.
Except the fact that the Gold Edition does not import your old savegames from the former base game.

And buying the Gold Edition is cheaper than buying the base game and then going in-app purchase.

Plus the fact that you cannot do in-app purchase right now - until Apple fixes it. We sent an emergency email but you know they are slow and will probably refuse to help us and there is not even some live chat with their team. Good old Apple.

Last edited by Ninievre; 07-26-2011 at 08:59 AM..
Old 07-26-2011, 09:56 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
The only bonus content is the silver horseshoe (that you can find in random chests anyway whatever the edition)

Otherwise the 2 versions are the same.
Except the fact that the Gold Edition does not import your old savegames from the former base game.

And buying the Gold Edition is cheaper than buying the base game and then going in-app purchase.

Plus the fact that you cannot do in-app purchase right now - until Apple fixes it. We sent an emergency email but you know they are slow and will probably refuse to help us and there is not even some live chat with their team. Good old Apple.

Is this a good thing for early customers of the first book, which have to pay more for two seperate books - than those who buy the two books at once? Or am I just getting something wrong?
Old 07-26-2011, 10:50 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

I've been following this game for a while but I realized why I never bought it: Does it have an end? I mean, is there a main quest with an actual ending?

I heard about the books series being canceled and everything, so that's why I'm always on the fence about Fabled Lands

EDIT**
Also, what do you guys plan on doing for releasing the other books?
I would love to see a version where I can have all books in one, maybe buying the other ones thru IAPs...
(I like being organized... )

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by gammabeam; 07-26-2011 at 11:03 AM..
Old 07-26-2011, 11:01 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Is this a good thing for early customers of the first book, which have to pay more for two seperate books - than those who buy the two books at once? Or am I just getting something wrong?
No - it should be cheaper to buy book 2 as IAP (??? vs $10) but we don't know the price yet as the IAP wasn't submitted to the store.

Funny thing, I was just about to ask if there'd be a Gold edition for iPhone - I'm tempted to pick it up anyway so I can play it now. Not concerned about the extra dollars, as the reprints of 5-6 and prints of 7-12 are hanging on the iOS sales figures at this point... (Yes, I even bought the FL1 iPad app, even though I don't have an iPad... yet! )

Sorry for the rambling.

If you don't have FL1, get the Gold edtion, it's a bargain! If you do have FL1 (and can stand to wait a bit) get FL2 as IAP, you'll save a couple of bucks.

Back to rambling: personally, I'd have preferred a universal app so I didn't have to buy everything twice. Also, I'm surprised the iPhone version isn't a dollar or two cheaper than the iPad version this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammabeam View Post
I've been following this game for a while but I realized why I never bought it: Does it have an end? I mean, is there a main quest with an actual ending?

I heard about the books series being canceled and everything, so that's why I'm always on the fence about Fabled Lands
It usually ends with you dying. But - you can theoretically play this forever. You don't have to buy food, you don't sleep (except to save in the iOS version) and you don't age. There are only so many quests, but lots more to do than them, including buying property, trading via ships (which will be expanded a lot when book 3 comes out.) Many quests are class-specific, so there's good replay value there.

The books are not cancelled! Even though they went with print-on-demand for books 1-4 (go get 'em on Amazon!) they haven't been profitable enough to reprint 5-6 yet (and finish the last half of the series...) They have specifically stated the iOS versions are doing very well and will be the funding drive to print the rest of the books (perhaps as a 6-12 giant omnibus edition. )

As it stands, the iOS versions releasing like this put many people in the positions of the original book owners - it's almost neat to have part of the books available and have lots more to look forward to. I'm undecided whether the game labeling the quests as "Book 3" or whatever is a good thing or not - playing the original books, aside from the keywords (book 1 keywords start with "a" book 2 "b" etc...) you had no idea except for geographical clues where the quests were.

Oops, sorry - I'm ranting again. Time for some coffee.

Thanks again for bringing the Gold Edition to iPhone, I'm downloading it right now. It is a shame I can't bring my current character over, as he's doing quite well at the moment.

Last edited by drelbs; 07-26-2011 at 11:10 AM..
Old 07-26-2011, 11:06 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Oh, so there's also an iPad version?

Damn, I'm gonna have to wait for this one until I get home, I almost impulse-bought it for iPhone! :P

Guess I'm gonna wait for the dev's reply then.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:13 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammabeam View Post
Oh, so there's also an iPad version?

Damn, I'm gonna have to wait for this one until I get home, I almost impulse-bought it for iPhone! :P

Guess I'm gonna wait for the dev's reply then.
If you have an iPad, snag that version - FL2Gold is the same price on there (and has a much better layout.)