★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Update Submitted (v1.1):

Fixes Level 4 door bug.
Fixes Level 3 Infinite film bug.
Stops IPhone 3G / Ipod touch 2nd Gen Uses downloading App (app needs 256mb machine).
**** NEW LEVEL ******* , Air racing

Take to the skies in a range of classic Airfix model planes. You can fly everything from vintage WW1 fighters to modern superjets as you buzz around a 3D house environment, completing missions, dodging flak from the ground and engaging in deadly dogfights with enemy pilots. Play against the computer or take on your friends with Game Centre action.

Key features:

FLY CLASSIC AIRFIX FIGHTERS

Choose your craft from a range of classic Airfix kits including superjets, science-fiction inspired planes and vintage WW1 fighters all with different flying styles and characteristics.

CHALLENGING MISSIONS

Battle enemy fighters in mid-air dogfights, or use your missiles and machine guns against land-based targets. Five missions come as standard, with more available through updates.

CRUISE THROUGH 3D WORLDS

The crisp 3D graphics immerse you in the frenetic action and make the most of your iPhones Retina Display.

YOU vs THE WORLD (GAME CENTRE)

Compete for the highest score in the Game Centre and record your achievements!

ACCELEROMETER OR BUTTON CONTROLS
Tilt your phone to steer or use on-screen buttons to control your plane the choice is yours.

Requires iPhone 3GS,iPhone 4,ipodTouch 3rd & 4th gen, iPad & iPad 2.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Lite: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dogfight-lite/id449000895?mt=8
07-26-2011, 12:56 PM
I dare anybody to complete the lite and not immediately plonk down a buck on the full version.

07-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I dare anybody to complete the lite and not immediately plonk down a buck on the full version.
Challenge accepted.

Icon is a window to game's soul...
07-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Yeah, when it comes out here I'll take that challenge as well! Looks good! But from the title I was hoping to fight as a Pit Bull against a Rotweiler, or a Chihuahua for that matter. :P
07-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Reminds me of Toy Commander, back in the Dreamcast days.

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey
07-27-2011, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Well, completed the lite and I'm not immediately going to get the full version...however, the only reason I'm not is because I'm going to go to bed I'll be getting this tomorrow!

Playing:|Roboto|Cordy|QuBit|Amazing Breaker|Awesome Saucer|Groove Coaster|Gesundheit!|
Favorites:|PoP:WW|Infinity Blade|World of Goo|Phoenix|Danmaku|PewPew2|Alien Space Retro|Battleheart|Gears| LGR2|iDaTank|PvZ|ME|To-Fu|Anodia|Lego HP|Fruit Ninja|I Dig It 2|Soosiz|
07-27-2011, 04:03 AM
While I haven't done the full challenge by completing the light. I don't think I'll be getting the game. Why? Controls. While it offers on screen controls which is how I play (can't stand accelerometer), the on screen controls are not the way I like to play. I like up to be up, where in this game up is down etc, thus making me uncoordinated and left feeling dizzy.

The game itself...gotta say say it's pretty good. Multiplayer would be awesome.

Devs, please make the controls more customizable (up is up) and perhaps an adjustment for sensitivity.
07-27-2011, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
While I haven't done the full challenge by completing the light. I don't think I'll be getting the game. Why? Controls. While it offers on screen controls which is how I play (can't stand accelerometer), the on screen controls are not the way I like to play. I like up to be up, where in this game up is down etc, thus making me uncoordinated and left feeling dizzy.

The game itself...gotta say say it's pretty good. Multiplayer would be awesome.

Devs, please make the controls more customizable (up is up) and perhaps an adjustment for sensitivity.
This, and that apartment setting,I feel like a mmmm....a fly. Did you watch that movie??? Brrrrrrr
07-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Game Impressions

HD Gameplay Trailer (iTunes):

Note:

Just a few Minutes of Gameplay.
07-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Exactly what I was thinking of I miss the Dreamcast ;*( Mine is stored somewhere in the room from hell (A room that is all junk and storage lol) But its still in perfect condition, with arcade stick, vmu's and all

EDIT - Oh please tell me they have an option to reverse the controls lol, I was reading a comment above and didnt think that it might not have such an option. ;(

Last edited by OrionnoirO; 07-27-2011 at 01:50 PM.