★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Match 3D blocks as fast as you can for mesmerizing, addictive fun! Use Multi-Touch to rotate the dynamic game field, and tap multiple blocks for combo bonuses. The non-stop action will leave you in a trance!

Full GameCenter integration allows you to collect achievements, and compete with other Hypnoblocks players around the world for high scores!

- Match multiple blocks as fast as you can for frenetic, pulse-racing action
- The more blocks you match in a row, the higher your cascade bonus combo
- Rotate the gorgeous 3D game field with one hand, tap away with another
- Compete against other players around the world for the highest score
- Multiple levels of increasing difficulty for a constant challenge

Hypnoblocks is a fantastic combination of fast action and strategy that'll test your reflexes as well as your brain. Designed specifically with the iPad, iPhone, & iPod Touch in mind, it's the perfect game to play on the go!

AMBROSIA SOFTWARE, INC.
W: AmbrosiaSW.com
T: twitter.com/AmbrosiaSW
F: facebook.com/AmbrosiaSW

We can't respond here, but we WANT YOUR FEEDBACK!

Good or bad, we'd like to hear from you. Please click the support link above to contact us concerning any bugs, questions, suggestions or comments you may have. You can also go to:

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/support/intouch/

This will also allow us to gather more information from you as needed. We look forward to hearing from you!
07-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Not surprised to see this getting ignored, but for what it's worth, it's actually a technically accomplished and highly enjoyable casual puzzler that's more than likely to reward those who take a chance on it.

07-26-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm confused as to why the company name is Ambrosia, and lists ambrosiasw.com as the website, but there's no trace of the game on their website. Odd.

Shame they haven't brought some of their older titles to iOS. EV anyone?

Then you need to dip your fingers in some mayo and smear it all over your iDevice screen for greater REALISM!
--Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan
07-27-2011, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Not surprised to see this getting ignored, but for what it's worth, it's actually a technically accomplished and highly enjoyable casual puzzler that's more than likely to reward those who take a chance on it.
I actually am surprised; what with the 70 bajillion soulless match-3 games on the app store, I would think one that offers something new would be of interest. I do agree, wholeheartedly, that this is a quality title though. It has frenetic pacing, fluid controls, and clean graphics.

I see a slight framerate issue, infrequently, and maybe a gimble lock issue, but nothing at all that people need steer clear of. This has the polish of a $3 title and if the leaderboards heat up, this could get interesting.

I played for 30+ minutes straight and I'm still a level completion away from unlocking Hard Mode, which may entice people.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
07-27-2011, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
I actually am surprised.
I'm not. It looks interesting but not enough to shell out a buck without waiting for reviews/impressions. If it had a lite, I'd have tried it the moment I saw this thread. I'll still get it based on the two impressions here but for their own sake, dev should definitely add a lite. Not really a good sign that I dont see a lite for any of their other apps either.
07-27-2011, 09:53 AM
HD Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2):

Note:

First 15.Minutes of Gameplay.
07-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
I'm confused as to why the company name is Ambrosia, and lists ambrosiasw.com as the website, but there's no trace of the game on their website. Odd.

Shame they haven't brought some of their older titles to iOS. EV anyone?
I just wrote them to that effect as well. I swear it was there games alone that ALMOST had me buying a Mac (Maelstrom, Apeiron, Chiral, etc.).

Now onto this game. It isn't really even a match 3, its a tap the same colored cubes as rapidly as you can to have them disappear together in a nicely scoring cluster. What makes this so tricky is, besides simply other colored blocks, is how the blocks are not only sliding around in this 3D sliding structure, but how most of the blocks have little walls or holders around so much of their surface that, unless you manage to quickly swing the structure around as you're tapping cubes, you may not even be able to see what colored cube that is in the corner. You can touch any part of the cube so even if you only see the wall in back of it but know it is a red one go ahead and add it to the red cluster of blocks you're tapping...but if in fact it was a green one and you tapped it...all of the other red blocks you just tapped will instantly become unselected. Later on they even further add to this whole, "be careful what you touch" by adding in spikey mines. These mines belong to no colored block group and only exist to block your attempts to tap the right blocks as rapidly as possible.

Hectic but well polished, 4/5.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 07-27-2011 at 05:36 PM.
07-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
I'm not. It looks interesting but not enough to shell out a buck without waiting for reviews/impressions. If it had a lite, I'd have tried it the moment I saw this thread. I'll still get it based on the two impressions here but for their own sake, dev should definitely add a lite. Not really a good sign that I dont see a lite for any of their other apps either.
We'd be happy to give you a review code for the iTunes App Store if you'd like to review it. Feel free to get in touch with me here via PM, or @AmbrosiaSW

/andrew
07-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
It's up there!

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/hypnoblocks/

Apple just surpassed our expectations in terms of approval lead time.

/andrew
07-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbrosiaSW View Post
It's up there!

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/hypnoblocks/

Apple just surpassed our expectations in terms of approval lead time.

/andrew
Haha! Mr. Welch, himself! Now about that port of EV Nova to the iPad...

Then you need to dip your fingers in some mayo and smear it all over your iDevice screen for greater REALISM!
--Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan