★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Harness the power of THUNDER! Sushi Boy is back and rocketing to new heights in this lightning-fast arcade dodger.

Fill up on sushi and shoot your way out of tight spots. Collect thunder orbs to fill up your Thunder Gauge and take off at supersonic speed!

Kiip enabled! Win real prizes while playing Sushi Boy Thunder!
(Apple is not a sponsor of any Kiip reward or promotion.)

Tons of Unlockable Outfits
6 Unlockable Characters
Upgradeable stats to improve your flight times
Awesome original soundtrack
Both tilt and tap controls
User Profiles
Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements
Universal App - Play on all your iOS Devices
Retina Graphics (where available)

wefiends's comments:
It's out now! You guys can download it here.

Features
*Tons of Unlockable Outfits
*6 Unlockable Characters
*Upgradeable stats to improve your flight times
*Awesome original soundtrack
*Both tilt and tap controls
*User Profiles
*Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements
*Universal App - Play on all your iOS Devices
*Retina Graphics (where available)

Download It
07-26-2011, 09:22 AM

I love the other Sushi Boy game so I'm going to give this one a try especially for the price.

07-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Whoa, how is this free? I want this...like NOW.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
07-26-2011, 04:01 PM
I've got to admit, this game is waaaay better than I ever thought it'd be. My only criticism is that it's way too addictive! I can't put it down. Looks like I'll be having cold turkey for dinner tonight!

By the way, if I do an in-app purchase, will the iAds be disabled? I hate ad's!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
07-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Potticary View Post
By the way, if I do an in-app purchase, will the iAds be disabled? I hate ad's!
I was excited about this game until I saw this.
07-27-2011, 03:43 AM
Very fun game.

But yeah the ads are annoying, but at least they aren't there during actual gameplay. Also it seems the unlockable characters are only unlockable via IAP. Okay then. It's been pretty easy to earn enough coins to upgrade the character that comes unlocked anyway (so far anyway).

I would happily buy a separate version that was ad free, by the way. I'm not really of a fan of IAP.
07-27-2011, 06:22 AM
Loving the game! Very addicting!

To be honest I haven't really noticed the ads, but I did have to make an IAP for Moon Bear. He's so badass!

Currently ranked 15th on the leaderboards :ego boost oh yeah!: but how did the guy in 1st get so far, it's hard!

Also, the 'Play five minutes total', 'Play thirty minutes total' and 'Play one hour total' achievements are glitched. It's not the total playtime, it's just registering your highest score (at least for me).
07-27-2011, 06:26 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
yup, lovin this game!!! It's another one that will get just as much play as MegaJump!! =oD

Love the way he gets all chunky when he eats enough sushi to shoot... =oD
07-27-2011, 06:44 AM
Eh, anyone who the dev is? I'm getting crashes when trying to start a game. The core game works though.
07-27-2011, 06:59 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Xenosage
WoW, this game is so cool... so addictive... so GREAT! Can't stop playing xD
Haven't noticed the ads so far...

RyanGibbard - total gameplay is shown when you start the game. There you got your profile with a whole gameplay time. But I'm not sure if it is counting, for I can't connect to GC.

- Finished and recommended: Battleheart, Drawn: The Painted Tower and Dark Flight, Supermagical, Fantastic Knight, Jelly Defense, Brave Ghost
- Currently playing: MinoMonsters, Vampire Slasher, Lightning Fighter x Francesca
- Waiting for: Give me Disciples for iOS? <please>