★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

NFS or Real Racing?

04-22-2009, 11:27 PM
NFS or Real Racing?

Just wanted to know which racing game ppl are looking forward to, and why?

vs

personally im going for real racing, the devs seem to have put alot of work into it, graphics are amazing, youtube upload is very intuitiv, and the whole game looks very polished

Last edited by salsamd; 04-24-2009 at 06:50 PM.
04-22-2009, 11:33 PM
I think I'm leaning a little to Real Racing due to the multiple delays of NFS. I can't say anything about NFS until it actually comes out

04-22-2009, 11:37 PM
I'm also leaning towards Real Racing. I've been really impressed with everything I've seen on it. NFS on the other hand has been nothing but delays.

But, who knows, the NFS delays could be tweaking and refining everything to get it to 110%... So it's entirely possible that when it's finally released it blows us all away.
04-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Real Racing.
I just wish Firemint would give us some info on price or when/if its been submitted.
I'm really looking forward to it!
04-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Well I knew one of these threads was inevitable, but didn't expect it until the games were actually released

Thus, I await them both eagerly, and will have to see which has that extra polish...

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
04-23-2009, 04:55 AM
Real Racing by a long shot..... altough i will undoubtably end up getting both because i am a total app whore.

Real Racing will be better though.

Look at EA's track record.
Their entire business model seems to be about a quick buck. The app will have many bugs, problems etc etc and most of the money will have gone on advertising it.

Firemint on the other hand... well they are still trying to make a name for themselves on the iphone... YES they have flight control.... but its still very much in their interest to make sure that this game is the best god dammed racing game you have ever played on a mobile device.

Also.... Fast and Furious uses the same engine does it not?
I honestly thought racing games and accelerometer controls didn't work until i played this game. (minus the horrible drift missions)
04-23-2009, 05:23 AM
Need for Speed would need a miracle to beat Real Racing in any catagory except possibly being more arcadey than sim. Real Racing has the graphics, visual detail, sound, cars, more tracks, multiplayer, Youtube through Cloudcell, etc.

Plus there's one thing that everyone forgets: as awesome the initial release will be, Real Racing will have updates; Need for Speed is guaranteed to have none.
04-23-2009, 05:38 AM
yea real racing looks good but it really depends on the features of NFS. lets see is they got something better than youtube replays. i doubt it.

Games that i am playing: Rolando 2, Castle of Magic, Peggle, Real Racing, Star Defense, Zenonia, Pocket God(always)
Games i am looking forward to: Kill Test
Plus+ name: Xgamer1224
04-23-2009, 05:46 AM
can we not wait until the games are actually out before discussing which is best !

and no matter which one you think will be be better - its pure speculative rubbish

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
04-23-2009, 06:59 AM
Being a huge fan of the racing genre and having not really enjoyed any of the Need for Speed games in recent years, I'm going to say Real Racing should proved to be the better of the two. EA will very likely throw a lot of graphical finesse at NFS, but I think Firemint's game will offer longevity and a better driving model.

We shall see