★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

New to iOS dev...long-time touchArcade lurker!

07-26-2011, 08:27 PM
#1
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 18
New to iOS dev...long-time touchArcade lurker!

Hi!

I've been lurking on this site for some time.

After working in the console games scene for a while, I decided to take the plunge into iOS development. I'm eager to start participating in this great forum!

My first game, Surge, has just launched last week. It is definitely a lot of work to market these games, but I'm having more fun than ever!


Check out the game if you'd like, although the purpose of this thread is to introduce myself to the community.

http://www.facebook.com/SurgeGame

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/surge/id438024985?ls=1&mt=8



Thanks, looking forward to meeting some cool new people!
07-26-2011, 09:58 PM
#2
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 114
Welcome to TA. Your game looks pretty nice. Good luck on marketing and sales. I'd definitely set up a Twitter if you haven't already and check out:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=81803

Also post it up in the Games forum, ideally with a gameplay video.

Developer: The Epic of Roderick by InstantLazer Studio
TEoR blog Now including the Economics of the App Store series.
facebook
Twitter: twitter.com/instantlazer
07-26-2011, 10:41 PM
#3
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
Welcome to TA. Your game looks pretty nice. Good luck on marketing and sales. I'd definitely set up a Twitter if you haven't already and check out:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=81803

Also post it up in the Games forum, ideally with a gameplay video.
Thanks for the welcome and the tips!
07-27-2011, 05:25 AM
#4
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 50
Congrat to your game!

Looks great! What plans do you have now? New version, new game or...

Creator of Woolcraft
07-27-2011, 12:39 PM
#5
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 463
Welcome to THE best dev community around

Game looks pretty cool, btw!

Twitter: @PeterBabiy
Site: www.strappedtoameteor.com
Games: Go Go Giraffe | DEO | Mr. Dreamer
07-27-2011, 02:59 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmiz View Post
Looks great! What plans do you have now? New version, new game or...
Thanks! Plans include continuing to work on Surge. Updates for fixes/etc, and also new content. There are also some other game ideas that I want to work on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStrapped View Post
Welcome to THE best dev community around

Game looks pretty cool, btw!
Thanks! Glad to be here!