• Genre: Racing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 64.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Racers, start your engines
Unleash your road rage in Mad Wheels, an action-packed arcade racing experience. Oh, and if high-speed racing isnt enough for you, theres also some serious firepower to blast away your opponents, including machine guns and rockets! Take part in a Championship, dive into a Quick Race or take down your friends as you race over Wi-Fi!

Mad Wheels Highlights
Three unique game modes, including online multiplayer for amazing replayability.
Pick up and play controls; simple one touch steering mechanism makes Mad Wheels simple to use, but hard to master.
Super-destructive weaponry to blast your opponents to bits, including guns, rockets, mines and special weapons.
Every vehicle has its own destructive and unique melee attack and Super Special power.
Complete challenges in Championship Mode and collect all the medals.
Collect power-ups as you race round the track in order to be always ready for action!
Race against your friends through the Wi-Fi multiplayer.

For more information or support, please visit www.chillingo.com

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
Please Note: The game does NOT have online multiplayer. It only has local wifi multiplayer.

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

Lite: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mad-wheels-lite/id439891314?mt=8

iPad Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=101939

Please Note: The game does NOT have online multiplayer. It only has local wifi multiplayer.

07-27-2011, 05:02 AM
this looks like a instabuy to me ATM. Lets see if theres any bugs first,.

07-27-2011, 05:16 AM
One will ask the inevitable:
How does this compare to Death Rally?
07-27-2011, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
One will ask the inevitable:
How does this compare to Death Rally?
It looks more 3d??? and it has ONLINE MULTIPLAYER (prob through GC)
07-27-2011, 05:24 AM
awesome! will get it today!

Antony
07-27-2011, 06:12 AM
Same guys who did horror racing. Awesome!

Icon is a window to game's soul...
07-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Super INSTABUY!

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.
07-27-2011, 03:31 PM
First impressions.

At first glance you might balk at the game. Graphics are very basic, and the camera view is zoomed out so the cars and destruction don't appear as impressive as those in Death Rally. It has a good sense of speed but nowhere as blazing as DR. The joystick is unusually large and there's no customization to controls save for a mirror swap for left handed players.

But then you spend 15 minutes playing it. First off, the track design utterly destroys those in Death Rally. While there are only 3 world themes, each has 7 tracks ranging from short ovals to huge levels with multiple branching paths with items strewn all over the place. A big labyrinth track in the Forest world, track 3, took me 1:48 to complete a lap without stopping. And the slightly slower vehicle speed, zoomed out camera and track map helps in the isometric view, because you can anticipate turns much more easily.

Also, while Death Rally was about blowing your competitor to hell and keep moving without a second's thought, this game is much more about jostling close together with 3 other enemies while firing weapons, and knowing when to break off to pick up the right weapon or the right track branch before you all come back together at the merge. The track designs are so fun I wish this game had a track editor. Also, more than 4 vehicles.

Load times are extremely quick. Wifi multiplayer allows you to play against people or bots instantly, though not a mix of both. Currently there's no one online, though I should think that will change tomorrow.

Fun game.

I am not a dev, I just post here.
07-27-2011, 03:52 PM
There is IAP here. You can buy 3 vehicles: tank, monster truck and another monster truck looking car (appears on new Horror Racing icon) for $.99. 3 vehicles for $.99 is not a bad deal. Some games would make you pay $.99 for each one. There are 6 vehicles included for free so its pretty good. You have 2 available from the beginning, and I suppose you unlock the rest as you progress.
Gameplay is a lot of fun. Definitely inspired by Horror Racing. Each level awards medals based on achieving various objectives like minimum score, winning position, leading for entire lap, number of kills, etc. Medals are required to unlock maps (like in reckless getaway).
I played only little so far but it seems to be a good game. Will need to play some more to get a better impression of it.

Devs need to put info about IAP into the game description otherwise some people will get pissed off. They will buy the game thinking that everything is included only to find that that's not true. This kind of omission tends to backfire on the devs, especially in the forums.

Icon is a window to game's soul...
07-27-2011, 03:59 PM
I couldn't actually play Death Rally since it doesn't work on a 3G. It's 3GS and above (which I think is utter BS, just sayin..)

So I'm really interested in this. (unless this doesn't work on a 3G iPhone either...) but how does it control? And is it arcadey or simmy? Cause I hate simulation racing games...