★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Heli-Awesome! is a fast-paced, vertically-scrolling platformer in which the player must keep from being caught by Professor Dhoum, while dodging enemies and navigating a treacherous field of obstacles. Collect all types of power-ups to help your conquest to the top! Utilizing the iPhones accelerometer and intuitive touch controls, the player has full control of the characters one-man helicopter. Get ready for the chase of your life!

Features
Challenging fast-paced gameplay
Intuitive accelerometer and touch controls
Infinitely replayable environments
Choose from a variety of Characters
Unlock Bonus Content
Track Achievements using Game Center or OpenFeint

*GET MORE GREAT NAMCO GAMES**
Puzzle Quest 2, TNA Wrestling iMPACT, Bird Zapper!, The Mooniacs and more!

Be the first to know! Get the inside info on NAMCO deals, the latest game updates, previews, tips and more...

VISIT US: http://www.namcobandaigames.com/ios
FOLLOW US: http://www.facebook.com/namcobandai
TWEET US: http://twitter.com/namcobandai

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

07-27-2011, 05:10 AM
Is there a video? The game looks interesting, and more after reading the front page preview, but i want more info...

07-27-2011, 05:16 AM
Doodle Fly?
07-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Game Impressions

HD Gameplay Trailer (iPhone):

Note:

Just a few Minutes of Gameplay.
07-27-2011, 04:18 PM
"Challenging fast paced gameplay" is no joke - it's tough. Items and enemies appear so fast you're always on your toes.

As opposed to Mega Jump and Doodle Jump where you die if you miss your platform, instead you're trying to survive as long as possible from the "wall of doom" in this case a machine with a murderous claw. Onscreen enemies don't kill you as much as they slow you down, too much and the claw machine will catch up to you and attempt to kill you my homing onto your position and striking. Ingame visuals are much sharper than the menus, which are inexplicable non-retina ready.

Decent casual game that other posters will like, but not my cup of tea. Doodle Jump already has me covered.

I am not a dev, I just post here.
08-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Now FREE.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
08-04-2011, 06:47 PM
That was quick...
08-04-2011, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
Now FREE.
Not showing up as free yet...

Username on every gaming network I'm on: kaboom132. I have tested 21 games. Will test your game if you wish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
I think I was high when I typed that. My apologies.
08-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboom132 View Post
Not showing up as free yet...
I already downloaded it. Try searching, going to the appinfo page, looking on the page here, checking out the webpage, etc.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero