• Publisher: Chaotic Box
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 13.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0.9
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (3)
App description: The critical smash hit iPhone game has been maximized for iPad!

Weave through waves of attacking space bugs and use powerful detonations to destroy your foes! Silverfish was designed for touch input to provide authentic and unrelenting arcade action. It's retro reborn and reimagined!

CONTROLS: Flick Up, Down, Left, and Right anywhere on the screen to change direction. Tap with 2 fingers to activate a powerup. Alternate control styles are available in the settings menu and can be fully tweaked to your preference.

Reviews
- IGN: 8.5/10 "Editors' Choice"
- GamePro/PCWorld: 5 out of 5
- Touch Arcade: 4.5 out of 5
- The Electric Playground: 9/10 and 8/10
- WIRED Magazine: 8 out of 10
- 148apps: 4.5 out of 5
- Yahoo's Appolicious: 5 out of 5
- Eurogamer: 8 out of 10
- AppAdvice: 4.5/5 "MUST BUY"
- Pocket Gamer: 8/10 "Silver Award"

- Reaper Mode -
Charge your POW and avoid enemies with the awesome Time Shock powerup. Earn MAX POW and turn the tables on your foes!

- Onslaught Mode -
Destroy waves of enemies as quickly as possible to avoid an overwhelming swarm. Drive up your score multiplier to rack up points and earn extra lives.

- Scavenger Mode -
Keep your POW from draining by destroying enemies and collecting tasty Protons.

- Haste Mode -
A constant race to max out your POW and defeat your foes. Full-on intense action right out of the gate!

Visit http://chaoticbox.com for more fun :)

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

07-27-2011, 05:51 AM
I loved the iPhone edition, this should be even better!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja

07-27-2011, 06:23 AM
The dev should mention in the description that bluetooth controllers are supported ( not allowed to mention icade by name! ). Definately getting this as soon as it hits the uk store.
07-27-2011, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar x View Post
The dev should mention in the description that bluetooth controllers are supported ( not allowed to mention icade by name! ). Definately getting this as soon as it hits the uk store.
I tested it for frank, and have had my full version since yesterday, This iPad version is terrific , the extra screen space really makes the silverfish experience even better .. This game is a must have

Best Games: Tilt to Live, Mini Motor Racing, Death Rally, NBA Jam, Spirit, Silverfish, Flipship, Wispin, Space Tripper, Super Crossfire, Red Nova, Vertex Blaster, Modern Combat 2, Hard Lines, Sentinel 3, Mad Wheels .......Follow me on Twitter @unclelimey
07-27-2011, 01:20 PM
HD Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2):

Note:

Just a few Minutes of Gameplay.
07-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Played this on iPhone. Bit repetitive if you ask me. I'll give this one a miss.

Games I'm playing pinball arcade, pocket planes , mw3

Gamecenter Id is cesctheman
Feel free to add
07-27-2011, 01:48 PM
can this be compared to tilt to live? Is it as good? I never really managed to enjoy the lite version on the iPod so much. but it can be misleading. I remember not getting too excited by the tilt to live lite version... and finally when i bought the game, enjoying code red and gauntlet and turret modes much more than the normal classic mode. Is that the case with this game too?

---------------------------
Mom Says Get Married!!
07-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Looking forward to this showing up on the US store. Looks like it won't be up today. Hopefully it won't be a much longer wait.
07-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey View Post
can this be compared to tilt to live? Is it as good? I never really managed to enjoy the lite version on the iPod so much. but it can be misleading. I remember not getting too excited by the tilt to live lite version... and finally when i bought the game, enjoying code red and gauntlet and turret modes much more than the normal classic mode. Is that the case with this game too?
Tilt to live used tilt.. Silverfish uses flick touches so no, the two games are different to each other.. I have both games and love them both

Best Games: Tilt to Live, Mini Motor Racing, Death Rally, NBA Jam, Spirit, Silverfish, Flipship, Wispin, Space Tripper, Super Crossfire, Red Nova, Vertex Blaster, Modern Combat 2, Hard Lines, Sentinel 3, Mad Wheels .......Follow me on Twitter @unclelimey
07-27-2011, 06:48 PM
bought