★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: [adult swim]
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 78.4 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: This sequel sure packs an entertaining punch." - Cult of Mac
Contains 20 original patients plus 10 new Circus Freakout operations
HD graphics means even more graphic surgeries

Now available for iPad!

Alan Probe is back with new patients, new surgeries, and a whole slew of medical ethics violations. Taking place 51 years after the events of the first Amateur Surgeon, Amateur Surgeon 2 brings Alan Probe out of retirement to contend with twenty new surgical procedures of questionably necessary proportions. Facial reconstruction. Clowning emergencies. And a squidectomy. PLUS! iPad edition also contains 10 all-new Circus Freakout surgeries. Head under the Big Top and grab your pizza cutter!

"Amateur Surgeon 2 is a fantastic sequel. They took everything that was good about the original, tweaked the things that weren't, made the game perform a little better, and loaded it with new content." - Touch Arcade

"The storyline is humorous, gory and frankly down right insane, but a whole lot of fun." - Crazy Mike's Apps

(Quotes based on iPhone version.)

Privacy Policy: http://www.adultswim.com/privacy/index.html

SwimCeej's comments:
Hey there! We've released the iPad version of Amateur Surgeon 2 in the App Store. Called, naturally, Amateur Surgeon 2 HD. It includes all the surgeries from Surgeon 2 PLUS the Circus Freakout expansion and supports Game Center (new to this version).

And for a limited time it's 99 cents (the iPhone version is also 99 cents right now).

07-27-2011, 10:13 AM
bought

07-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Awesome!

Bought as well.
07-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Me and my daughter loved the first one...so this was a instabuy for me....

Edit : i wanted to make a remark for the developer....please make the game screen rotate freely.

It now only possible to play the game with the smart cover on the top side....and especially on a ipad 2 it should be logical to have it on my bottom as this makes better use of the smart cover as a stand...etc...

OldskoolNL.nl : "Not Old, Just Older"

Last edited by RodmanSan; 07-27-2011 at 02:44 PM.
07-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Good point - that's something we'll look into.
07-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Thank you for the very quick reply SwimCeej....really love the fact that the developers are actively involved in this forum.....

OldskoolNL.nl : "Not Old, Just Older"
07-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Bought iPhone version last year,now got this one. Great game,just like the guy above me said - add auto screen orientation please!
07-27-2011, 05:49 PM
I bought this game and have played through to the fourth patient, but I have run into a problem. This is the first time where you remove an organ using the chainsaw. Once I pull out the tongs and drag the organ to the tray, a message pops up stating you should burn it and cream it like usual, but at this point I have no idea how to proceed. The organ on the tray is blocking much of the screen. I don't think I am supposed to treat the removed organ and the wound is blocked. I am not sure if the game has an issue or I am just missing something obvious. Can someone help?

By the way, this looks to be fun and sickly humorous and a great deal for a buck.

Edit: I watched a YouTube video and figured out what was not obvious to me - once you place the organ in the tray you put it right back into the body and continue from there. Now enjoying more brutal butcheries, I mean surgeries...

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

Last edited by slewis7; 07-27-2011 at 06:34 PM.
07-28-2011, 02:52 PM
Glad to buy it, even though I already had the iPhone version. The extra space and native resolution come in handy.
07-29-2011, 04:30 AM
like the game so far, but i guess i'm stuck now at the

Mystery Boss - there's simply no light at all, saw a video of the flash version, apparently there should be light around your cursor - but nothing to see in the ipad version

i tried tapping anywhere with and without any instrument selected, but still nothing - am i doing anything wrong or is it a bug in the ipad version?