★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

King of Opera (Universal)

07-27-2011, 12:04 PM
#1
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,348
King of Opera (Universal)

Recently played this and I think this game is amazingly funny. Even with my small iphone screen and 4 people, we're just having fun of it.
It's surprising that there's no thread yet for this one (except the one in price drop section), so I want to recommend this game, if you haven't heard about it yet. It's old (out in December 2010), but great!!

07-27-2011, 12:12 PM
#2
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,245
This is a really fun four player game on the iPad.

07-27-2011, 01:09 PM
#3
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,899

Currently learning iMaschine and Garage Band.
07-27-2011, 05:38 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 268
Thanks for the mention Agas! I never would have noticed it if not for your post. Looks like it came out last April?

After watching the Game Trail trailer I immediately downloaded it and played a couple of rounds with my two sons. We had a blast. The help for the game could be a bit better but its such a simple game that its real easy to learn how to play - the only thing it took longer than a minute to figure out was how to turn off the AI bots when you're playing with less than 4 people.

I was also very surprised at how well multiplayer with 3 people total (me and my two kids) worked on my iphone4. Only one time did my younger boy stick his head in the way of the view but we were laughing and enjoying ourselves so much it didn't matter.

Best (and, only?) one button multiplayer game I've ever played. Thanks again for finding this game!
07-27-2011, 05:51 PM
#5
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andiron View Post
Best (and, only?) one button multiplayer game I've ever played. Thanks again for finding this game!
This is a cute little game.

You might want to try SlotZ Racer with your kids. Mega cramped on the iPhone, but a lot of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
07-28-2011, 12:00 AM
#6
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
This is a cute little game.

You might want to try SlotZ Racer with your kids. Mega cramped on the iPhone, but a lot of fun!
Gee thanks drelbs - now I gotta go and spend even *more* money on the App Store

Seriously though - thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out...
07-30-2011, 06:03 AM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andiron View Post
Thanks for the mention Agas! I never would have noticed it if not for your post. Looks like it came out last April?

After watching the Game Trail trailer I immediately downloaded it and played a couple of rounds with my two sons. We had a blast. The help for the game could be a bit better but its such a simple game that its real easy to learn how to play - the only thing it took longer than a minute to figure out was how to turn off the AI bots when you're playing with less than 4 people.

I was also very surprised at how well multiplayer with 3 people total (me and my two kids) worked on my iphone4. Only one time did my younger boy stick his head in the way of the view but we were laughing and enjoying ourselves so much it didn't matter.

Best (and, only?) one button multiplayer game I've ever played. Thanks again for finding this game!
Thanks Agas for creating a new thread, and to Andiron for the feedback!

We just started working on King of Opera again and will improve the "how to play" aspect of the game as well as user interface design for switches turning AI ON/OFF etc.

We welcome any other improvement and feature ideas/suggestions!

Jouni

Last edited by Tuokio Inc.; 07-30-2011 at 04:21 PM.
08-14-2011, 07:08 AM
#8
I wanted to share a fan-made "King of Opera LIVE!" video with all King of Opera fans on Touch Arcade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpPsb2stgPc

Big thanks to "EliorKirma & Friends" who created this!

Maybe we should start hosting events with "LIVE" King of Opera battles. : )

Last edited by Tuokio Inc.; 08-14-2011 at 07:11 AM.
08-14-2011, 07:11 AM
#9
I wanted to share a fan-made "King of Opera LIVE!" video with all King of Opera fans on Touch Arcade.



Big thanks to "EliorKirma & Friends" who created this!

Maybe we should start hosting events with "LIVE" King of Opera battles. : )

Last edited by Tuokio Inc.; 08-20-2011 at 08:32 AM.
08-14-2011, 02:04 PM
#10
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 930
so tempted to bite on this for the 4player experience