Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-28-2011, 11:29 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
I saw again your (very cool) presentation video and read all you wrote about the game, and it seems even more amazing than yesterday.
I'll check the kickstarter page to see if I can be of help, but I advise you, as others already suggested, to raise a little hype among various iOS gaming websites (I would try to contact wireless.ign too).
A post on the NeoGAF iOS gaming thread could be of help too (if you do not have permission to post on NeoGAF, PM me and I'll take care of it), many 'hidden' big names frequent that forum...given the amazing art and concept, I doubt you'll have hard time to find a real founding publisher.

I would make a Twitter account too, it helps being re-tweeted.
I do not use it very much, but I read a facebook page helps too.
Both are free obviously.

As for the game itself...what to say...the still images looks spectacular (they seems Final Fantasy Tactics cutscenes in a playable form to me) and I saw from your sketches you thought of many animations...I hope backgrounds are animated too (like...let's say...the monsters...light rays...maybe some dust and wind...just to give a 'live motion' sensation instead of a still one, but I think you already thought about that).

Given the timeframe you provided, I would hype the game for a more 'fund raising' approach now, more than the game itself (in the case you have to postpone it...nothing pisses fans more than a delay).

In any case, barring programming problems or balancing issues (I LOVE you make encounters fixed, that will help), the game in this state looks absolutely stunning...and I guess you already know you're one heck of artist.

Hope to see more about the game soon!!!
Yup, I agree with everything you said. For the backgrounds, I'm hoping we can get a lot of effects going, but since I'm not a programmer, I'm pretty much at their mercy if they say they can't do it. Simple things like water effects, lighting, flags billowing on the wind... I'm sure it can be done, but every programmer is different. If there's anyone here who knows enough about this subject that they can advise when my programmer is just making excuses, it would be a great asset to making this game better!
Old 07-29-2011, 12:48 PM

I was wondering, if anybody here is a programmer, knows their chops, and is interested, would you like to have a shot at overseeing the programming of the game?
Basically, the programming of this game is outsourced overseas, I send the art, along with emailed instructions, and wait for a build for me to critique. The problem is, I am not a programmer, and half the time it sounds like computer gibberish. So what I need is someone who is interested in the making of the game (and you would have to be, cuz this isn't a paying gig!) to be included in all our back to back emails, who can speak their language, and report to me whenever a red flag is raised. Basically, be there to call out the programmers whenever they try to BS me with excuses!

The game is still early in production, so it is easy to catch up to everything. You'd get credited in the game, especially if you catch anything out of place happening! Depending on the outcome, I see "quality control" or "programming supervision" as the most likely credits.

I know this isn't typical for game programming, but half a year ago I was just a player and not a maker, so I know how interesting this proposition may be for some people, especially aspiring programmers here. Think of this as an open invitation for beta testing, except you will be here from the start, and, if you're especially interested in this game, you can ensure it is made to your satisfaction.

I'm not sure if I should be posting this up in the developers forum, but I'll just start here for now. PM me if you're interested in a spot.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:59 PM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveruy View Post
I was wondering, if anybody here is a programmer, knows their chops, and is interested, would you like to have a shot at overseeing the programming of the game?
I doubt you'll be able to find a programmer this easily. You can make a post in the services and trades section here and hope someone gets interested but I seriously doubt anyone will pick up your project just coz they saw it on the forums. You'll need to find good developers manually. Like Crescent Moon Games (Twitter / Forum). They've picked up quite a few games to publish from the forums. I'm not exactly sure how much programming stuff they do themselves though. Thats just an example. You gotta find someone on your own.

It would have been better if you posted this requirement earlier. Your game got covered on toucharcade and they could have included that you are looking for developers. That would have definitely gotten you quite a few offers.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:47 PM

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I wasn't looking for programmers, I already have them. I'm looking for people who are interested in following the process and just giving me their thoughts on it. Quality checkers, if I have to give it a name. If they're not interested, they're not interested, but it's an open invitation for anyone who is.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
I doubt you'll be able to find a programmer this easily. You can make a post in the services and trades section here and hope someone gets interested but I seriously doubt anyone will pick up your project just coz they saw it on the forums. You'll need to find good developers manually. Like Crescent Moon Games (Twitter / Forum). They've picked up quite a few games to publish from the forums. I'm not exactly sure how much programming stuff they do themselves though. Thats just an example. You gotta find someone on your own.

It would have been better if you posted this requirement earlier. Your game got covered on toucharcade and they could have included that you are looking for developers. That would have definitely gotten you quite a few offers.
Actually, on second thought, you're right. Why settle for quality checkers, if they're that good, I'll want them working for me straight up! I have posted an actual thread as you suggested on the services and trades forum looking for extra programmers. Thanks for the advice!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=102225
Old 07-29-2011, 02:40 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
A post on the NeoGAF iOS gaming thread could be of help too (if you do not have permission to post on NeoGAF, PM me and I'll take care of it), many 'hidden' big names frequent that forum...given the amazing art and concept, I doubt you'll have hard time to find a real founding publisher.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...434562&page=71

I'd also start that twitter account.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:16 AM

Any news on this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveruy View Post
This is my first game so I don't know how long it would take to finish, but I'm hoping by xmas...
How's the timeframe coming?
Old 08-14-2011, 05:47 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

When when when itis out!?
Old 08-14-2011, 05:50 AM

WOW that looks really good!
when will this game come out?
Old 08-14-2011, 06:56 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

WHat's the update?