★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: MumboJumbo
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 70.7 MB
  • Version: 1.2.1
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.8 (4)
App description: REVIEWS

"Glowfish is aquatic exploration nirvana. It's got absolutely everything going for it. It plays like a dream, looks and sounds like a dream, and fills you with a real sense of wonder. There's no other word for the whole package other than 'magical.' Glowfish is a must have for every single iPad owner." - Gamezebo.com (iPad version)

"The game's gorgeous, even by MumboJumbo standards, and the whole experience is just pleasant. Check this one out." - Snackbar-Games.com (iPad version)

"... A glowing visual feast masquerading as a fun underwater adventure game for your iPad. If you've played and enjoyed games like Osmos, then you'll love what GlowFish has to offer." - AppAdvice.com (iPad version)

"The sound is perfect for the gameplay and sounds great with or without headphones. The music is moody and atmospheric without being overwhelming or overbearing. Did I mention that the game is gorgeous?" - BulletProofPixel.com (iPad version)

"With over 50 levels, you'll be constantly surprised and pleased by everything that Glowfish HD throws at you." - Square-Go.com (iPad version)

DESCRIPTION

The evil Dr. Urchin has kidnapped Coralline! Its up to Glowfish to free his lady friend and sea pals everywhere from his clutches in this underwater platform adventure.

50 vibrant, colorful ocean landscapes await in this arcade-style underwater adventure game. Filled with charming sea creatures, you must navigate your way through the twists and turns of each maze level with a fluid joystick control system.

Bewarewhile you scour the ocean floor in search of lost friends waiting for rescue, a host of enemies is lurking! Each level takes you deeper in the unique ocean world with new challenges and enemies at every turn. Gather your friends to make Glowfish bigger and better at challenging the boss on each level. Set the captive friends free by surrounding Glowfish with a powerful ring of friends, or circle the enemy to fire your blasting bubbles and win each arcade battle.

Add to your team by collecting powerful Glow Chums to help you along the way, and upgrade them by collecting coins to give you even more of an edge in each boss battle! Dive in and be prepared to be dazzled by Glowfish.

FEATURES

50 A-Maze-ing platform adventure levels
Unlock all 8 Glow Chums
Collect coins to upgrade your Glow Chums
Dominate in each Boss Battle
Get 4 Stars on each level
25 Achievements
Hours of family-friendly entertainment

MORE GREAT GAMES FROM MUMBOJUMBO!!!

Search for MumboJumbo on the App Store and the Mac App Store, or visit www.mumbojumbo.com to find more great games from MumboJumbo!!!

7 Wonders
Chainz Galaxy
Everyday Genius: SquareLogic
Luxor
Luxor: Amun Rising
Luxor 2
Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi
Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials
Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate
Unlikely Suspects

Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MumboJumboGames
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MumboJumboGames

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to an error Glowfish can presently be installed on an iPod Touch Gen 2 and iPhone 3G. Glowfish was designed for the iPod Touch Gen 3 and iPhone 3GS and newer devices and will therefore run unacceptably slow on iPod Touch Gen 2 and iPhone 3G and older devices. We are working on a fix for this problem right now and would suggest that owners of these older devices await the next update.

goiMot's comments:

07-28-2011, 12:36 AM
This game is amazing on my iPad 2. It's Beautifully organic and a visual treat. I find Glowfish to have some small similarities to Ozone and Osmos, yet...It's very much it's own game.

For 2.99 the game is a great value. I really like it. Much like Ant Raid on iPad, this was one of those iOS games that really shines alongside the iOS platform.

Highly recommended, for the iPod touch and iPhone owners who missed the iPad version (now's your chance)

Beta Tester for: iBlastMoki 2, Deadlock, Aralon: Sword & Shadow HD
Gameloft: Pacificsun81
Gamecenter: Pacificsun81

07-28-2011, 01:53 AM
Love the ipad version, so naturally picked this up, very disappointed, the game runs really slow and jerky on my iPhone 4 (and yes I did a reboot after install before anyone asks) poor frame rate

Also the game is retina but the icon is not.

Best Games: Tilt to Live, Mini Motor Racing, Death Rally, NBA Jam, Spirit, Silverfish, Flipship, Wispin, Space Tripper, Super Crossfire, Red Nova, Vertex Blaster, Modern Combat 2, Hard Lines, Sentinel 3, Mad Wheels .......Follow me on Twitter @unclelimey
07-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Is everyone having the lag problems like Uncle Limey?
07-28-2011, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi541 View Post
Is everyone having the lag problems like Uncle Limey?
I have tried rebooting a couple of times with no luck, still runs slow.... I do have ios5 beta on my phone which might be causing it, but I have no way to tell without seeing it on ios4.

Although I also have ios5 on my iPad 2 and the iPad version of glow fish runs sweet on that

Best Games: Tilt to Live, Mini Motor Racing, Death Rally, NBA Jam, Spirit, Silverfish, Flipship, Wispin, Space Tripper, Super Crossfire, Red Nova, Vertex Blaster, Modern Combat 2, Hard Lines, Sentinel 3, Mad Wheels .......Follow me on Twitter @unclelimey
07-31-2011, 04:16 PM
Amazing game. The graphics and living environment are out of this world.
07-31-2011, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleLimey View Post
I have tried rebooting a couple of times with no luck, still runs slow.... I do have ios5 beta on my phone which might be causing it, but I have no way to tell without seeing it on ios4.

Although I also have ios5 on my iPad 2 and the iPad version of glow fish runs sweet on that
I'd love to try it, but concerned about the issues with lag. The fact that icon is not retina shows lack of attention to detail as well. I'll keep it on my wish list for now till more impressions come through.

Icon is a window to game's soul...
07-31-2011, 11:20 PM
Since the non-HD version is only a buck and my interest for this title is only mild, I decided to make the jump for it. Thankfully, it is fully compatible with RetinaPad, so there is no loss of resolution for (jailbroken) iPad users.

As of yet I'm satisfied with my purchase. Production values are very good. Surprisingly decent considering that Mumbo Jumbo are known more for well-produced but heavily derivative titles. I still have trouble believing that this title came out of the same house that made "Cake Mania" and "Luxor".
08-01-2011, 05:08 AM
How the hell is this game not talked about more... It is PHENOMENAL. Osmos or Ozone don't hold a candle to this. It's beautiful, slick, smooth, fun, immersive and atmospheric on a level that I rarely ever see.
08-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Ok, couldn't resist and bought it.

The icon is quite ugly i.e. non-retina on 4th gen device. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
The rest of the graphics are quite amazing. In fact it can easily stand next to Osmos in terms of graphics. A lot of the scenery is organic and moving. Kudos to the artist/s - 11 out of 10.
Some of the gameplay elements also remind me of Osmos. For example you can destroy bigger enemies the more "followers" you have.
I have only passed 4 levels so far but have already fallen in love with this game. There is a little lag but not that bad.
At this stage I would recommend it with the hope that icon and lag get fixed.

Icon is a window to game's soul...