★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Smelly Cat - FREE

07-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Smelly Cat - FREE

Hi guys!
I'm here to announce that one of the games I worked on is going FREE until August 1st.

We received great positive reviews, and hopefully more people will be able to play it now!

I hope you enjoy it!
If you have any feedback you want to share, please send me a PM. I'll be glad to hear it!
Cheers!
07-28-2011, 12:03 PM
The title reminds me of Phoebe's song (from TV series Friends).
Is it where you get the inspiration?
Thanks for making it free!!!

07-29-2011, 11:35 AM
"Whaaaaat are they feeding you?"

Just noticed it appeared again on appshopper.com, this time as a Popular title.
Nice job! Smelly Cat is very fun!

I heard that Shalazar the wizard...
07-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gammabeam View Post
I hope you enjoy it!
Hopefully the attention in appshopper, charts, etc., will help you going forward. This is a very good title that deserved to do better than it evidently has with the price juggling and now free promotion. Unfortunately, it gets lost in the sea of "shoot some animal at something" games out there, but it's really more of a wacky golf title and is done very, very well. Anyone who hasn't gotten this game would be an idiot to not at least try it at the price of $0.

I lucked out and got by a promo code when it launched, but I would gladly pay for some more IAP level packs, etc..

Game Center : "Chip H."

Last edited by C.Hannum; 07-29-2011 at 12:40 PM.
07-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Really interested in this, I'll give it a shot!

My game recommendations:
Hard Lines - Comboline - Magnetic Billiards Blueprint - Canabalt - The Blocks Cometh - Gangstar: Miami Vindication - Puppet War - Tetris - Dalton - Siege Hero - Cuddle Bears - Doom Classic - Space Leap - Bug Heroes - Startales
07-30-2011, 10:00 AM
Thanks guys!
We are indeed climbing the charts of the free section. Slowly, but steady!
Hopefully more people will try the game.

Being Smelly Cats game designer, I must admit Im more interested in seeing what people think about the game and if they managed to have fun with it, rather than sales. It was the company's first game, and I'm very proud of the job we accomplished - especially considering we did it all in 2 months!

I really liked C.Hannum's comments, specially because you understood the game's main intention: to make a wacky mini-golf game, with entertaining levels - usually tending to an easy difficulty. I have lots of other ideas for objects, scenarios and levels that couldn't be added to the game because of time constraints... Hopefully we'll be able to add them on an upgrade, but it really depends on this "going free" effort. I hope we can make it!

Cheers!
07-30-2011, 12:07 PM
I love this game! It's simple and challenging at the same time. Perfect for an iPhone game. Plus the general production is great.

My game recommendations:
Hard Lines - Comboline - Magnetic Billiards Blueprint - Canabalt - The Blocks Cometh - Gangstar: Miami Vindication - Puppet War - Tetris - Dalton - Siege Hero - Cuddle Bears - Doom Classic - Space Leap - Bug Heroes - Startales
08-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsizing Heart View Post
I love this game! It's simple and challenging at the same time. Perfect for an iPhone game. Plus the general production is great.
Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Smelly Cat has been downloaded 100,000 times over these 4 days. I sincerely don't know if this is a big feat but, personally, I thinks this rocks. A LOT!
Mostly because we had great reviews and a big amount of 5 stars on the iTunes comments. Truly impressive!

Thanks for everybody that downloaded the game. If you didn't, there still some hours left to do it, so GO GO GO!

**EDIT**
It seems we are keeping Smelly Cat free for a few more days

Last edited by gammabeam; 08-02-2011 at 04:01 PM.