App description: The Guardians - the great beasts created by the Gods of old to protect mankind from evil have suddenly fallen quiet. Evil creatures once again roam the lands, and the entire Kingdom is thrown into chaos! As the greatest of the King's warriors you must venture forth and discover what has befallen the great Guardians and help restore peace.

Guardian Saga is an all new retro-style role playing game. Inspired by 8-bit era RPGs, Guardian Saga is nostalgic adventure for all fans of role playing games!

Features:

* 2D RPG for the iOS
* First person, turn-based battles
* Level up and gain powerful new skills and equipment
* Colorful 2D graphics
* Nostalgic chip-tune music and sound effects.
* 5 exciting dungeons, and numerous optional dungeons explore
* Quick save feature for gaming on the go!
* Universal Support: runs on all generations of iPad, as well as iPhone and iPods 2nd gen and up.
* Available in English and Japanese.

Press Quotes:

* "fans of early RPGs will find a lot to love in Guardian Saga." - TouchArcade.com

* "Guardian Saga is nothing short of a glorious homage to the classic RPG games of yore." - 148apps.com

* "If you enjoy the retro turn-based RPGs of yore, you'll love Guardian Saga." - AppAdvice.com

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

07-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Best news all day... downloading as soon as I get to wifi.

07-28-2011, 05:06 PM
woot! great job guys! thanks for not making us wait till next thurs too!!
07-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Pretty cool looking game.
07-28-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm a sucker for old school rpgs, already downloaded can't wait to start playing.

Playing: Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Radiation Island, Micromon, Garou and of course the most important of all Street Fighter 4 Volt
GC:Voloster
07-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Downloading right now. Will try to post some impressions soon.

Developer: The Epic of Roderick by InstantLazer Studio
TEoR blog Now including the Economics of the App Store series.
facebook
Twitter: twitter.com/instantlazer
07-28-2011, 05:43 PM
just bought it i have been looking forward to this one for a while
07-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
Downloading right now. Will try to post some impressions soon.
This looks amazing! Does it play as good as it looks?

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
07-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Potticary View Post
This looks amazing! Does it play as good as it looks?
I'm about half an hour in and the only thing that made me stop was my phone was starting to die if thats any indication of the how fun it is.

Playing: Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Radiation Island, Micromon, Garou and of course the most important of all Street Fighter 4 Volt
GC:Voloster
07-28-2011, 06:25 PM
Yay! This game makes me feel like I'm back in the 80s again. Having a blast with it.

My *only* complaints so far playing this on my iphone4:
1) No multitasking support.
2) Landscape mode won't "turn" the same orientation as the phone, so on my phone I have to play with my headphones on the bottom left near the virtual pad.

Other than that and even though I've only gotten into two fights so far, I swear the game feels straight out of an old school console like a NES - graphics, sounds, music - I am so far very impressed. Impressed so much that I'm wondering if you plagarized anything? (Just kidding - my point is that the music and presentation is so good that I could believe it was a port of some old game).

Glad to have some RPGoodness again!

EDIT: Half an hour in and discovered that if you tap on your character's information panel you can get into options and select quicksave which will exit you from the game. That will help when you need to exit the game and can't get to a regular save point. Would still love proper multitasking support in a future update. Still playing. Fun game. Very glad I bought it.

Last edited by Andiron; 07-28-2011 at 06:35 PM.