★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What remakes would you like to see on iOS

07-28-2011, 06:18 PM
What remakes would you like to see on iOS

I am sure this is a common topic, so there have probably been many similar threads.
I was just wondering, what games did you play many years ago that you'd like to see on iPhone?
We've had several things like Z, Speedball 2, Gobliiins, etc. What else would you like to see. I would like to see Cadaver and Legend, although I am not sure how well they would work on the device.
On a related note, what old gameplay mechanics have not been represented yet on iPhone.
Cheers

Game source code for PC, Mac, Linux and iOS here.
07-28-2011, 06:23 PM
I would love to play contra force, it was one of my favorite games

Youtube link | Pop Up

My Twitter:@Tudor

07-28-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm not sure how much of a remake it is (and I doubt we'll see it on iOS because it was removed from gaming when the licensing was revoked) but I'd love to see EA Sports make an MVP Baseball. That game was awesome! (if you can't tell, I'm a baseball fan )

I don't want a signature.
07-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue016 View Post
I'm not sure how much of a remake it is (and I doubt we'll see it on iOS because it was removed from gaming when the licensing was revoked) but I'd love to see EA Sports make an MVP Baseball. That game was awesome! (if you can't tell, I'm a baseball fan )
I am not a particularly big sports fan, but I did love Sensible Soccer. Anyone play that?

Youtube link | Pop Up

07-28-2011, 07:10 PM
I personally hope Ambrosia, who has already made a number of iOS games will reach back into their catalog and release some of their Mac classic title like Maelstrom, Apeiron, Chiral, and EV.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-29-2011, 06:35 PM
Ground Control Series - PC strategy game. For some reason I think this game would do well with a touch interface.

Black and White - used gestures to do spells... would think that fits nicely on an iPad. Maybe simplify it to be a creature wars game... More action RPG like
07-29-2011, 09:52 PM
X-Com UFO Defense.

Best. Game. Ever.

--------------------------------------------
Game Center / PSN ID = Misantropus
07-29-2011, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianOrb View Post
X-Com UFO Defense.

Best. Game. Ever.
You and I are on the same page.
I am currently making a game inspired by 'Chaos', one of the ancestors of X-Com.

07-29-2011, 11:46 PM
Jungle Hunt from Taito! That's what I want!
07-30-2011, 02:16 AM
I agree with x-com as well I could play that game forever but so far no one has been able to replicate it quite right I'd be amazed if someone could manage so huge a task on IOS, also love chaos myself I still think it's one of the best multiplayer games ever made it's sad most people immediately judge it on it's early spectrum graphics as it has some real deep strategy and gameplay.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out