★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: A few itunes app changes would be nice

04-23-2009, 11:00 AM
A few itunes app changes would be nice

Ok I was just wondering if I was the only one that is sick of going through pages and pages of apps that should just be 1 app. Like the dumb "SlidePuzzle" apps that are infesting the app store. It would be nice if Apple made a "hide" button or something like it so I would not have 100s of pages of apps to look and and would only have to look at the new ones or the ones I have not hidden.

Just a thought
04-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Yeah, I noticed that this morning! I think maybe with 3.0 firmware those could have been made into a single app.
04-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf101 View Post
Ok I was just wondering if I was the only one that is sick of going through pages and pages of apps that should just be 1 app. Like the dumb "SlidePuzzle" apps that are infesting the app store. It would be nice if Apple made a "hide" button or something like it so I would not have 100s of pages of apps to look and and would only have to look at the new ones or the ones I have not hidden.

Just a thought
My comment from a similar thread:

I think apple should only allow apps which aren't called any of the following:
-RuHot? (At least spell it correctly, y use txt tlk? )
- Lie Detector
- any app with the word 'pets'
- stargalaktakacometstrikeuniverse (any cheap arcade space shooter)
-Xamount of power points, fashion points etc (I can't believe they charge £50+ for virtual points that do nothing except for increase your stats on some $h*tty free MMO.
- any app with the words 'alert' 'detector' 'meter' etc. What bull$h*t. Like I am going to believe somthing telling me that some Northern whore with a tramp stamp and one leg finds me mildy attractive touching on super hot, yeah I really want to know that . What bull$h*t .
- Or maybe some app that can magically send a beam out, measure your weight, height and age and then somehow calculate your BMI and tell you that you are morbidlly obese?
These apps don't only rip you off (thankfully I haven't been stupid enough to buy any) but they aslo pollute the app store with a load of worthless crap that nobody wants or needs.
Sorry about the rant, I am just so sick of seing these apps .

edit: I just remembered more apps that annoy me. One decent fart app is ok, but hundreds of the bloddy things? What is it with fart apps? Most of them contain really poor quality sounds anyway, and they rip you off. Why upgrade your lite fart app containing 10 noises, to the full version with 400 farts? As if you are going to scroll through 400 fart noises to find just the right fart for the right occasion? What's wrong with the good old whoopie cushion? At least it makes better fart noises. Another thing is those bloody tip-calculators, there are so many of them as well. Maybe the rich and nerdy might pay £10 for the app to calculate the tip at a restaurant to impress their nerdy girlfriends, but not me.
Sorry again for the big rant, but I think you will understand why I am so angry.
04-23-2009, 11:47 AM
I myself would even settle for a way to have the new apps approved automatically be grouped by publisher so when slide puzzle spam merchant unleashes 60 slide puzzle variants in a single day its a single icon you can expand for more info or just move on.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
04-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I myself would even settle for a way to have the new apps approved automatically be grouped by publisher so when slide puzzle spam merchant unleashes 60 slide puzzle variants in a single day its a single icon you can expand for more info or just move on.
Yeah, I agree. It gets annoying when there are 100's of slide puzzle apps, online text-based RPG 'points' apps etc. A single folder containing similar apps from the one developer/publisher would be good. Or even a limit to the amount of apps a developer/publisher can upload. 2-3 a day seems a reasonable amount.
04-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
Yeah, I agree. It gets annoying when there are 100's of slide puzzle apps, online text-based RPG 'points' apps etc. A single folder containing similar apps from the one developer/publisher would be good. Or even a limit to the amount of apps a developer/publisher can upload. 2-3 a day seems a reasonable amount.
Also, relevant here to TA themselves, and chance you might add a page or tow to the "New Releases" since, as we're just talking about here, a good flood of CRAP (be it 20 slide puzzles or 9 variations of the latest iMob clone) can wipe out any interesting recent releases in the App Store pretty easily on the one page.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews