★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: assassins creed vs. hero of sparta

View Poll Results: Best gameloft hack n' slash game?
hero of sparta 23 34.85%
assassins creed 43 65.15%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll
04-23-2009, 05:43 PM
assassins creed vs. hero of sparta

Which gameloft upgradable hack n' slash game do you like best? Obviously, their are some differences. Hero of sparta, i think, is more fun and pure hacking and slashing while assassins creed has some timing and strategy to it with counterattacks and minigames.

I have just started playing assassins creed and I am not sure if it is better. Does it have more combos and longer story? I guess I'll find out once my itouch gets charged up.

Your thoughts?
04-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Both games still lead you around by the hand too much. Hero of Sparta's graphics and animation are outdated and AC's only just better.

Can't wait for some really ambitious dev to put the equivalent of God of War on the iphone.

04-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Tough call. They are pretty much the same game. Assassin's Creed is a little more... dynamic (is maybe the word I am looking for.) I dunno exactly, but I am enjoying it more than HoS.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
04-23-2009, 05:59 PM
I haven't bought either but I do plan on buying Assassins' Creed this weekend after I beat Chronicles Of Inotia I love the gameplay that I have seen thus far

Touch K.O. Knockout Kid
04-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
Both games still lead you around by the hand too much. Hero of Sparta's graphics and animation are outdated and AC's only just better.

Can't wait for some really ambitious dev to put the equivalent of God of War on the iphone.
Hero of Sparta, when it was released, was the iPhone equivalent of God of War. Of course, that was before, and with the constantly shifting and changing app store, it got lost behind. If a Hero of Sparta 2 was released this year, it would be better, and everybody would now say that this is the iPhone equivalent of God of War. Of course, in a few months, it will be outdated, and everybody will say it doesn't even come close to God of War. It's all because of the rapidly improving app store.

Plus+/OpenFeint Username: gscal
04-23-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm really enjoying AC, and it made me consider Hero of Sparta. My question is - should I bother? Is it a fun game? It looked too much like a 300 rip to me, and since I hated the movie, I had zero interest in spending that much for a game. That was until 10 for Assassin's Creed.

I've been looking for a good prince of persia-esque platformer. AC was it.
04-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquiso View Post
I'm really enjoying AC, and it made me consider Hero of Sparta. My question is - should I bother? Is it a fun game? It looked too much like a 300 rip to me, and since I hated the movie, I had zero interest in spending that much for a game. That was until 10 for Assassin's Creed.

For what it's worth HoS is a good game and the main difference with AC is the boss fights. But, they more or less follow the same concept. You'll find that some don't like HoS, but it's fundamentally a good game.
04-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquiso View Post

It isn't exactly a rip-off. Just trying to get on the hype train. It is a good game, and if you like God of War, you will like this.

I hate 300 too. That was a lame movie.

Galaxy Note 5, iPad Air 1
04-23-2009, 10:28 PM
from Doom to Sparta

Personally, I enjoyed Hero of Sparta (except the final boss/ending). And I look forward to hitting Assassin's Creed this weekend.

For those of us who don't have consoles, DSes or PSPs, these games are fantastic.
04-23-2009, 10:48 PM
i loved hero of sparta, but the controls are disastrous and it lacks good animation, and need some voice performance out of that its perfect. And Assasin´s creed tecnically is better than hero of sparta but is just an adaptation from de Nintendo DS game. but i would say that is very hard to decide, both games has its profitable points, depends on everyone tastes.