★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Apple Keep Resetting my Account???

07-31-2011, 07:39 AM
#1
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 4,355
Apple Keep Resetting my Account???

Every 2-3 weeks Apple keep reseting my account.

It comes up with a message saying "Your account has been reset for security reasons". I then have to click reset. That takes me to a page were i have to type in my security question to reset.

It does this every 2-3 weeks and i don't know why....

I have never downloaded anything illegally, I have never Jailbroke and i don't get my cards illegally(Get from Target and Woolworths). So why is it that my account keeps getting reset???

Also before you say could someone be hacking it??? No because i am never missing any $$$$

It's not a huge problem it's just a bit annoying when i am downloading updates and apps....

I just changed my password so hopefully this fixes the problem.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
07-31-2011, 07:47 AM
#2
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: HongKong
Posts: 345
sounds really weird, LOL.
hope this time it fixes this.
and, how you doing, buddy~

07-31-2011, 08:08 AM
#3
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 4,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapMad_D View Post
sounds really weird, LOL.
hope this time it fixes this.
and, how you doing, buddy~
Doing good, hope it fixes this time

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
07-31-2011, 08:33 AM
#4
While I don't have a security concern (yet), I've noticed that my post on iTunes have been reduced a couple of times. For example, my posts are over 410. But, twice they've reflected only 365 and 380. I only mention this because my account, too, was affected. When I complained the tech support gave me 10 song credits for the trouble. Perhaps you could ask for some kind of compensation for your troubles as you try to bring this to resolution.


"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
07-31-2011, 08:40 AM
#5
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 4,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
While I don't have a security concern (yet), I've noticed that my post on iTunes have been reduced a couple of times. For example, my posts are over 410. But, twice they've reflected only 365 and 380. I only mention this because my account, too, was affected. When I complained the tech support gave me 10 song credits for the trouble. Perhaps you could ask for some kind of compensation for your troubles as you try to bring this to resolution.
Who did you ask??? Im worried if i contact them it could make the situation worse to the extent that they might end up banning my account....

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
07-31-2011, 10:46 AM
#6
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,505
How many people know the email id you are using with your apple account? Someone might be trying to hack it by trying out random passwords. If you enter wrong pass too many times, apple will reset the account to make sure it doesnt get hacked.
07-31-2011, 10:56 AM
#7
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 4,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
How many people know the email id you are using with your apple account? Someone might be trying to hack it by trying out random passwords. If you enter wrong pass too many times, apple will reset the account to make sure it doesnt get hacked.
Dunno, But i will try and find out who know it :P

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
07-31-2011, 11:05 AM
#8
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
Dunno, But i will try and find out who know it :P

Yes, this looks like someone is trying to hack your account because of the resets. Someone must know your username or it is a random hack. Call the Apple support (don't worry, they don't ban you) and let them create a new user name / e-mail-adress, if you can't do it yourself. For security reasons, also change your password again.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 07-31-2011 at 11:09 AM.
07-31-2011, 03:37 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
Who did you ask??? Im worried if i contact them it could make the situation worse to the extent that they might end up banning my account....
As Vovin stated, you can reach out to Tech Support. For US accounts, the only way I was able to track down a number to call was by locating the number via Google because the tech support number wasn't so obvious. If I remember, there was a number posted on the Apple site, but it wasn't directly to tech support. It may have changed by now, I'm not sure...You can also submit you're problem online. They're good about getting back to you within a business day or two.

Since I've entered the iUniverse, I've experienced nothing but stellar support for the handful of complaints/problems I submitted. Ten song credits may be a lot in comparison to what I've spent, but, its an acceptable salve that helps the discomfort dissipate a lot faster along with getting the problem solved by a professional and courteous support staff.


"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 07-31-2011 at 03:40 PM.