★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: sherpa reynolds
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 41.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Free this poor thing from the clutches of the SOUP! It's a long way back to the top and theres no way it can do it alone. Luckily you have the power to save it; tilting to dodge and tapping to release it's tounge...a sticky catapult that will fling it (and you) higher than it (you) ever dreamed of going!

the thingSOUP experience:
o engaging game-play that will suck you in and keep you pushing yourself to reach new heights.
o the comfortable device specific interaction that you're oh-so used to from similar touch and tilt games.
o self constructing audio that varies every time you play, in-fact using your ears as well as your eyes will benefit you and could be the difference between freedom and a return to the SOUP!
o this is a living, breathing, interactive, 3D world based in the thingSOUP universe.
o darker and edgier than other titles, its a struggle for survival!

And remember...this is just the first thing to have been captured...it is quite possible that the SOUP will strike again in the not too distant future...

Care to see how THATthing ended up down here? Well then you'd better check the video out on youTube...be warned it's quite upsetting.
08-01-2011, 06:10 AM
Game Impressions

In the jaws of the seventh king
While the Selbriads dart and play
Where you swing to again begin
To descend towards light of day

08-01-2011, 06:33 AM
Conspiracy?

This game and Soup Du Jour were both released today and it would appear that in both cases their connections to real soup are tentative at best.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-11-2011, 05:59 AM
hey Gabrien,

just discovered this had been posted here and wanted to say cheers for putting it out there...not sure of your motivations but i really appreciate it

what did you think of it by the way? i can see you up there on the ole game center leader-boards...not bad, but I think you should have at least tried to break the 10,000 mark...just no commitment these days.

this was mostly a test project for me to see what I could do having limited to no knowledge of coding and some experience with design and modelling, so yeah any feedback you've got would be great...be brutal!

what's that wee snippet of text by the way? hits the spot.
08-11-2011, 06:16 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
looks interesting... too bad I"m broke after yesterday... =oP
08-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofnab View Post
hey Gabrien,

just discovered this had been posted here and wanted to say cheers for putting it out there...not sure of your motivations but i really appreciate it

Welcome to Touch Arcade!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80

Last edited by CygnetSeven; 08-11-2011 at 10:10 AM.
08-12-2011, 08:50 AM
glad to be here Cygy!

i shall upload a game trailer later/tomorrow...hopefully that will sell it to you a little more syntheticvoid

until then, here is a little animation that shows the events leading up to the situation you are faced with in the game...it's quite distressing so i apologise for that...

08-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Conspiracy?

This game and Soup Du Jour were both released today and it would appear that in both cases their connections to real soup are tentative at best.
Whowah? Contre Jour wasn't released today? Well Yesterday...

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
08-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofnab View Post
hey Gabrien,

what did you think of it by the way? i can see you up there on the ole game center leader-boards...not bad, but I think you should have at least tried to break the 10,000 mark...just no commitment these days.

this was mostly a test project for me to see what I could do having limited to no knowledge of coding and some experience with design and modelling, so yeah any feedback you've got would be great...be brutal!

what's that wee snippet of text by the way? hits the spot.
Heh. And there I thought this thread had died.

What did I think? I wish I could have answered that question when I first posted the thread initially. Well actually, I kind of did; that "snippet" was my game impressions after all.

But in plain words, I thought it was quite brilliant. Even if not necessarily so "as a game." Although the game wasn't half bad. Does that make any more sense or less?
08-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Interesting set-up. I can't wait to see more.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80