★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Once a quiet peaceful heaven, our island is now under the threat of its volcano. Your task is to move the inhabitants to safer places.

Volcano Island is a turn-based strategy game. Before the eruption of the volcano, the island is gradually sinking beneath the ocean. Your challenges are wandering sharks and octopuses. Also there are some people who can't swim. You should accompany them with swimming ones.

Each task is composed of 3 levels. In each level, you have different challenges and tools. And there are 5 different islands to play with.

We know that the game rules are not easy to learn at once. To make things a bit easier, we provided a very comprehensive and easy-to-read help. Volcano Island is one of the few sophisticated games on mobile platform that can provide you the lasting fun and playing experience even after months or years of playing.

Save the islanders before the eruption!

----------

Your five star reviews motivate us for more updates and games.
You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Volcano-Island/194413850612818
http://twitter.com/#!/VolcanoIslandHD

For all questions and feedback please write to bilgin@LittleShopOfAdventures.com

-----------

BilginEsme's comments:

Once a quiet peaceful heaven, our island is now under the threat of its volcano.
Your task is to move the inhabitants to safer places.

Volcano Island is a turn-based strategy game. Before the eruption of the volcano, the island is gradually sinking beneath the ocean. Your challenges are wandering sharks and octopuses. Also there are some people who can't swim. You should accompany them with swimming ones.

Volcano Island brings you the real adventure under an erupting volcano with sharks and octopuses. Watch for airplanes and choppers that are coming to help you. Each task is composed of 3 levels. In each level, you have different challenges and tools. And there are 5 different islands to play with.

Watch the gameplay video

You can also try the "Lite Version" where you can play the complete Level 1 of "Banana Island".

We know that the game rules are not easy to learn at once. To make things a bit easier, we provided a very comprehensive, easy-to-read help and a cheat-sheet. Volcano Island is one of the few sophisticated games on iPad platform that can provide you the lasting fun and playing experience even after months or years of playing.

Save the islanders before the eruption!

iTunes Link : http://itunes.apple.com/app/id449447895

Game Website : http://www.littleshopofadventures.co...anoIsland.aspx
Contains lots of information about the game, also a cheat-sheet to learn the rules easier.
08-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Game Impressions

I grabbed this game this morning and am having a lot of fun with it so far!

It is clearly based on the classic Parker Brothers boardgame, Survive! (1982), but turned into a solo high scoring game as opposed to something played against other players.

Your mission is to safely guide the people to the ships so they can be rescued. So each turn you spend your alloted action points moving people around and off the island while avoiding the AI controlled sharks (can eat any swimmers it reaches) and octupi (like the shark but can also eat people from rowboats as well). While you're safe from these nasty baddies on the island, each turn a random outer tile of the island will sink beneath the waves. When a random piecenof land sinks there is always some chance that it will reveal a rowboat (a handy thing that can protect upto two islanders from sharks) or a new sea beasty (shark or octopus). Each time you sucessfully move an islander onto the rescue ship you score points and these points are multiplied if you manage to rescue multiple islanders in a single turn (the first islander rescued on a turn would be worth 1 point, but a second would be worth 2 points, a third 3 points, and so on).

The game comes wih 5 different maps and each map has the player working their way through 3 levels (each successive level is a bit tougher with more people needing to be rescuesd, but also with more sea beasties). Play continues until you've rescued the people from all three difficulty levels of the map or you finally take too many losses and are booted from the game with your final score. While these later levels tend to just make the game tougher, they also i troduce more tools like rescue choppers and rowboat droppong planes to make your task at least a little easier.

A great interpretation of a classic boardgame into a high scoring survival solo game!

4/5!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

08-01-2011, 05:10 PM
I purchased this morning as I'd seen Survive: Escape from Atlantas on BGG and thought it looked cool. Haven't played yet, but at .99 it was an easy purchase (to me .99 is pretty much free, so I buy anything that looks interesting at that price). Glad to see the great review on it. Multiplayer would be a neat option in the future.

Last edited by socalkdg; 08-02-2011 at 12:30 PM.
08-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Apparently thedev is advising to wait before purchase because of a bug!
This immediately wins my dollar!

-----
On GC I am FPEX
08-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPE View Post
Apparently thedev is advising to wait before purchase because of a bug!
This immediately wins my dollar!
Oh, doh, I went right from the lite to the full and therefore missed the warning. It seemed to play fine for me so far but I think I'll put it on hold for now then. I did once experience a random crash, so maybe this is the issue they are addressing?

My iTunes Reviews
08-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Lg well with that review and 99c - no brainer !
thanks

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
08-01-2011, 11:09 PM
I remember Survive!

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamefamily/9835/survive

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: Adams Immersive)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)
08-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Multiplayer is on the way

Actually Volcano Island is based on the board game "Survive". I played it when I was a kid and I was very impressed then.

We're already working on the multi-player version of the game, which will be more fun because then you'll be able to sabotage other players' strategies and abuse the empty slots of their lifeboats. Also GameCenter functionality and achievements are missing. These are all on our list.

When we published our game, unfortunately we missed a bug and we had to report the potential players to postpone their purchase until the update is released. Now everything is fixed and clean. Your feedback and suggestions for the next update are all welcome.

Last edited by BilginEsme; 08-02-2011 at 09:04 AM. Reason: wording error
08-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilginEsme View Post
Actually Volcano Island is based on the board game "Survive". I played it when I was a kid and I was very impressed then.

We're already working on the multi-player version of the game, which will be more fun because then you'll be able to sabotage other players' strategies and abuse the empty slots of their lifeboats. Also GameCenter functionality and achievements are missing. These are all on our list.

When we published our game, unfortunately we missed a bug and we had to report the potential players to postpone their purchase until the update is released. Now everything is fixed and clean. Your feedback and suggestions for the next update are all welcome.
So v1.1 IS the stable version or there is another update already in the chute? If this is the stable version please update those descriptions ASAP (oh, I see you have, never mind)!

My iTunes Reviews
08-02-2011, 10:38 AM
I remember reading about Survive! Definitely gonna pick this one up. Hope it's nasty like Lifeboats as I have that one. Screw all others it's only one man survives in this world....hehe.