★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mac App Store

08-01-2011, 09:29 AM
#1
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 15
Mac App Store

Has anyone had any success with the Mac App Store? I more interested in smaller developers and Indies.

Last edited by thomalex89; 08-01-2011 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Typo
08-01-2011, 11:38 AM
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomalex89 View Post
Has anyone had any success with the Mac App Store? I more interested in smaller developers that larger ones or even Indies.
So you aren't interested in larger devs OR indie devs?

Creator of the hit games, Trenches and Stenches.

08-01-2011, 12:31 PM
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderGameWorks View Post
So you aren't interested in larger devs OR indie devs?
No, we are not interested in the valuable insights that anybody who has found success on the Mac App store could offer.

If you have found success, and thus become a large developer, please refrain from commenting here. Your knowledge and experience is useless to us.

We prefer only to hear sad sack stories of those who have made $500 or less on their apps and blame "luck" as the primary reason why we have not found any success.

08-01-2011, 12:44 PM
#4
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravadoWaffle View Post
No, we are not interested in the valuable insights that anybody who has found success on the Mac App store could offer.

If you have found success, and thus become a large developer, please refrain from commenting here. Your knowledge and experience is useless to us.

We prefer only to hear sad sack stories of those who have made $500 or less on their apps and blame "luck" as the primary reason why we have not found any success.

ThunderGameWorks, I hope you sense the sarcasm here

Twitter: @PeterBabiy
Site: www.strappedtoameteor.com
Games: Go Go Giraffe | DEO | Mr. Dreamer
08-01-2011, 12:48 PM
#5
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 15
Let me rephrase that has ANYONE small or large have any success with the Mac APP store. Being that I am a small developer I would like to hear from them primarily, but if your large developer with some insight please feel free to chime in.
08-01-2011, 01:11 PM
#6
No no no! That's not what we do here on the TA Developers forum! Thomalex, you are new so let me explain:

We don't "listen" to those who have made $1 million+ off their games on the app store, we don't want to hear their "advice."

We just want to tell them why they are wrong, and why their success and experience amount to nothing. They are just "lucky" and like to look down on the rest of us from their hilltop villas in their expensive suits as they sip mint juleps and twirl their mustaches arrogantly.

Hopefully you can get with the program here and join the herd.

edit: sorry, I will stop trolling now. I was actually wondering if the Mac App store was any good myself, so maybe I should shut up and hope somebody with something useful to add to the conversation steps in...

Last edited by BravadoWaffle; 08-01-2011 at 01:22 PM.
08-01-2011, 01:20 PM
#7
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 15
BravadoWaffle you're funny.
08-01-2011, 01:59 PM
#8
Deja vu. I'm sure this question came up recently? And I'm sure I gave the same answer.

I know of a couple of devs who reached the top 5 games on the mac store US. they were getting a few hundred downloads a day. So much smaller than the iphone app store.

Play Yam Yam!
Download some great music for your game projects.
Official Site | Facebook | Twitter
08-01-2011, 02:49 PM
#9
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravadoWaffle View Post
No no no! That's not what we do here on the TA Developers forum! Thomalex, you are new so let me explain:

We don't "listen" to those who have made $1 million+ off their games on the app store, we don't want to hear their "advice."

We just want to tell them why they are wrong, and why their success and experience amount to nothing. They are just "lucky" and like to look down on the rest of us from their hilltop villas in their expensive suits as they sip mint juleps and twirl their mustaches arrogantly.

Hopefully you can get with the program here and join the herd.

edit: sorry, I will stop trolling now. I was actually wondering if the Mac App store was any good myself, so maybe I should shut up and hope somebody with something useful to add to the conversation steps in...
The 1st time I let it go , as I know this was a direct shot at me. The 2nd time na , now I wont let it go your asking for it. Bravo believe's its all skill and no luck to reach the top of the appstore. He believe's games like doodle jump is vastly superior to the games below it , thats why its so popular. He believes there is some secret method to reaching high in the appstore and one day a successfull developer will tell us this secret.
I believe you make a game as good as you can and if you dont succeed then make a better one. No matter how good your game is , its still luck to reach the top of the appstore. I believe in luck for apple to pick your game to be featured in new and noteworthy in the front page of the appstore. Just make the best game you can and market as hard as you can. This wont guarentee you success at all but give you a better shot. But somehow idiot developers think Iam off target and off base. They dont realize thier the stupid ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Legendary must have iphone games.png
Views:	2
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	35943  

Last edited by yemi; 08-01-2011 at 03:15 PM.
08-01-2011, 03:16 PM
#10
Joined: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,268,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by yemi View Post
They dont realize thier the stupid ones.
I'm not sure that's the realization to be made here...