★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Cut The Rope 2!

08-01-2011, 03:18 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Cut The Rope 2!

Cut the Rope's Om Nom has been through a lot. In his quest for candy, he has jumped from box to box across over 150 levels. But based on the exclusive media IGN has gotten its hands on, Om Nom's adventure is just getting started.

Details are scarce for now. All we know for certain is that a brand-new Cut the Rope game is going to be hitting the App Store soon. Based on the game's icon (cutting two ropes instead of one), we think the game is going to be a full-fledged sequel, rather than an expansion.

Some other details can be gleaned from the storyboard and screenshot we have obtained. The biggest bit of news is that Om Nom is clearly (finally!) going to be escaping from his box. The media also introduces a new character, known only as The Professor.

Zepto Labs announced at Comic-Con that a Cut the Rope graphic novel series is in the works, so it is probably safe to assume that this new iOS release will be more story driven than the original Cut the Rope. It likely will tie-in to Om Nom's newly fleshed-out back story.

Did we miss any hints or clues in these first images? What would you most like to see in a Cut the Rope sequel? Sound-off in the comments below!

Currently learning iMaschine and Garage Band.
08-01-2011, 03:31 PM
I want! Infact... I need! I loved Cut the Rope and have no doubt this will be brilliant.

Just look at Om Nom... so awesome.

08-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Yay! Cute!

Have a look at Naruto RPG!
Look at Gamebook Adventures for iPhone/iPod/iPad!
I do app descriptions for free
08-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Cute!!! I want it!
08-01-2011, 06:27 PM
I know it's a long blow but.......

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
08-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Very nice. I wish those devs as much happiness and success as they get, they deserve it.

-Michael Jarvis, co-developer of:
Quest for Kullvaria
MooView Games - Facebook - Dev Blog - Twitter - Touch Arcade - YouTube - Email
08-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Both Cut the Rope and Parachute Ninja are excellent games, cant wait to see Om Nom in his new adventure
08-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by triggywiggy View Post
I know it's a long blow but.......

Heh. Long blow.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
08-02-2011, 12:06 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
Heh. Long blow.
VERY long blow.
08-02-2011, 02:58 AM
Nice! I love this game! IMHO,this is a lot better than Angry Birds...though Angry birds is better in killing time coz you don't have to think to play it

WTF= What the F*ck!
FTW=F*ck the What?