★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Can anyone recommend games similar to Civilization, Tiny Tower or Sim City?

08-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Can anyone recommend games similar to Civilization, Tiny Tower or Sim City?

Me and my girlfriend are absolutely in love with these games and just want a little to do in between them. I am in areas where I do not have internet a lot so its nice having games like Tiny Tower that are addictive and do not need it. Although the idea of like a game like Haypi Kingdom is very interesting to me and would love to know more like that as well.

Thank you very much!
08-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Koei has at least one, but I think two, Romance of the Three Kingdoms game on the app store, as well as Nobunaga's Ambition. Both would fall most similarly in the Civilization camp. Raise the Village is a free Farmville style game with optional IAPs representing charity contributions of said items to the Ugandan village you're helping raise.

I'm just a sixteen bit sprite in an eight bit game.

08-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Virtual City is a little like Simcity but with a little bit of time-management or even puzzle-game elements added in. It probably lacks a little depth, but is suprisingly enjoyable. I normally don't like bigfish "tycoon" type games, but Virtual City actually has quite a bit to it between the building and establishing trade routes all while trying to meet the timer.
08-01-2011, 11:22 PM
I'll recommend Virtual City as well. Not the depth of SimCity, but surprisingly detailed. I think there is a lite version to try.
08-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Fantastic, Thank you all for responding! I am going to take a look at all of these and see about them all.

Thank you!
08-02-2011, 07:06 PM
City of Wonder combines a sim city style game with a civilization style theme.
08-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Cappuccino View Post
Koei has at least one, but I think two, Romance of the Three Kingdoms game on the app store, as well as Nobunaga's Ambition. Both would fall most similarly in the Civilization camp. Raise the Village is a free Farmville style game with optional IAPs representing charity contributions of said items to the Ugandan village you're helping raise.
Nobunaga's Ambition is on the App Store?! Man, I used to play the hell out of that game when I was eight. Then finally was able to beat it when I was 20 and playing on a Dreamcast NES emulator. Now I can play it on my phone too. I hope the controls aren't terrible.

Developer: The Epic of Roderick by InstantLazer Studio
TEoR blog Now including the Economics of the App Store series.
facebook
Twitter: twitter.com/instantlazer