★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Heroes Call (formerly Quick Quest), a new action-rpg from Defiant Development

08-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Heroes Call (formerly Quick Quest), a new action-rpg from Defiant Development

Hey gang,

Morgan from Defiant here - I thought you might be interested in a sneak peek at our newest thing - an action-RPG built for touch.

There's a playthrough video at http://youtu.be/QsWtQzZksAg which gives a good sense of where we're going. It's still very early days though - so I'm not going to give too much detail about specifics - but we're very interested in seeing what people think.

The biggest focus has been building a game that uses touch controls from the ground up, rather than virtual d-pads. We think we've got something pretty awesome together, at this point.

Anyways - take a look at the video and let us know what you think!

BTW, we're still beavering away on the next level pack for Rocket Bunnies. Shouldn't be too far off (we've got some fun new stuff!).
08-01-2011, 11:16 PM
It looks absolutely fantastic! Takes me back to the days of Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. Do you have plans for the smallscreen?

i'm a pretty kitty cat

08-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
It looks absolutely fantastic! Takes me back to the days of Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. Do you have plans for the smallscreen?
Yep, absolutely - it already plays well on iPhone.

That said, we've really approached this with the goal of making the best tablet game possible. So far, that's allowed us to make a pretty awesome phone game as well, but we're still revising and building as we go. There's definitely some nuances w/ menus and buttons (in terms of relative screen space on a tab vs phone) that we're looking into the best solutions for.
08-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Nice!

I will be looking forward for this one. It will be good too to have skill or special move link with certain action player could issue via the touch screen =) By the way the teaser looks great for a start .
08-02-2011, 06:59 AM
Any idea when it will be available ? Seems fantastic !!!
08-02-2011, 12:16 PM
My God this looks wonderful. I'm sure I'll love it.
08-02-2011, 12:25 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Looks totally awesome for a pre-alpha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
08-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Very interested!
08-02-2011, 01:56 PM
so excited for this. Was hoping that pocket RPG would be deeper but it wasn't. This looks like it's scratching that itch.
08-02-2011, 02:45 PM

I am not a dev, I just post here.